With minimal training, it was possible to load data, perform a variety of normalization steps and quickly start interrogating and visualizing the data
Salt Lake City, UT (PRWEB) March 8, 2010
Genedata, a leading provider of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research, today announced Genedata Analyst™, an integrated statistical and data analysis platform with advanced visualization capabilities. Built on client-server architecture, Genedata Analyst handles huge and complex data sets of billion-plus data points while supporting small research groups or hundreds of users. Simultaneously managing data from different sources, Genedata Analyst gives researchers and biostatisticians a secure and scalable data-mining platform, which can be tightly integrated with existing research IT ecosystems. New to the Genedata solutions portfolio, Genedata Analyst will be demonstrated at the Society of Toxicology 49th Annual Meeting's ToxExpo (March 8 -10; Booth #1837).
"As a non-bioinformatics person analyzing large gene expression datasets, it is critical that software be both powerful yet have a biologist-friendly interface," noted Dr. Kathie-Anne Walters with The Institute for Systems Biology, an internationally renowned, non-profit research institute dedicated to the study and application of systems biology. Genedata Analyst fulfills these requirements. In addition, its ease of use is an added benefit. With minimal training, it was possible to load data, perform a variety of normalization steps and quickly start interrogating and visualizing the data thereby giving us the ability to identify relationships in datasets that might otherwise not be identified."
Statistical Analysis for All Scientists
A standalone solution with predefined workflows, Genedata Analyst gives a broad range of scientists the capabilities for sophisticated data analysis. Combining the management of diverse data sources and types with data mining tools and knowledge management systems, Genedata Analyst provides a comprehensive set of statistical approaches and interfaces to third-party algorithms. Features include:
- Enhanced Usability enabling non-expert users to access, use and benefit from statistical tools for data integration, mining and interpretation by including context-sensitive help, guided workflows and carefully chosen default settings.
- High Scalability processes large and complex datasets of many measurements, design factors, and covariates. More than a billion data points are supported with no limit on the number of observables, experiments or covariates.
- Advanced Visualization interactively explores large and complex datasets with highly specialized plots for the interpretation of classification and prediction analyses. Standard tools include histograms, bar charts, box plots, heat maps, scatter plots, trees, maps and parallel coordinate plots.
- Rigorous Statistics provide established general-purpose tools such as ANOVA, linear models, Principal Components and Partial Least Square analysis, Self-Organizing Maps (SOM) and clustering methods together with advanced machine learning algorithms (LDA, SVM, KNN) for classification and prediction and tools for data normalization, transformation and imputation.
- Open Architecture designed as a client-server application can support up to hundreds of users on standard hardware. Open technologies provide low TCO through public APIs that enable integration with in-house data warehouses, public data repositories, and third-party applications.
"Through years of working with our customers in pharmaceutical and life science research, we've seen that separate tools for data mining and statistical analysis combined with the inability to integrate data from different sources creates costly and time-consuming inefficiencies and bottlenecks," said Dr. Othmar Pfannes, CEO of Genedata. "Genedata Analyst addresses these challenges by giving our customers a new data analysis platform that combines validated statistics, proven user workflows, and established visualization technologies. We believe Genedata Analyst is truly game changing for life science research as it delivers a data mining platform that enables all user groups to perform powerful data integration and aggregation."
(Note to Editors: Mark your calendars for the Genedata Analyst product session at SOT on March 9, 8:30am - 9:30am, Room 155F. To schedule a briefing and product demo email: Jackie(dot)thrasivoulos(at)genedata(dot)com)
Genedata transforms data into intelligence with a portfolio of advanced software solutions for drug discovery and life science research, which spans target, lead and biomarker discovery. Used by a majority of the world's top 50 pharmaceutical companies and leading research organizations, Genedata Phylosopher®, Genedata Screener®, Genedata Expressionist®, and Genedata Analyst™ make research data accessible and understandable, enabling scientific discovery that fights disease and improves health worldwide. Founded in 1997, Genedata is privately held, with headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, and offices in Japan, Germany and the US. http://www.genedata.com.
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with uncertainties related to contract cancellations, developing risks, competitive factors, uncertainties pertaining to customer orders, demand for products and services, development of markets for the Company's products and services. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to release publicly the result of any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
All product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
# # #