Gerber and Virtek’s software and hardware systems have helped thousands of customers around the world overcome their design and manufacturing challenges.
Tolland, CT (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
Gerber Technology will demonstrate its end-to-end solutions for design, nesting, cutting, ply layup and cut part inspection for composite materials and industrial fabrics on November 7-9 at the IFAI Expo and JEC Americas shows at the Boston Convention Center. Gerber Technology and its Virtek business will co-exhibit on the IFAI Expo side of the show in booth 232.
“Gerber and Virtek’s software and hardware systems have helped thousands of customers around the world overcome their design and manufacturing challenges, said Dudley Fenn, director of industrial sales. “Our products enable users to significantly improve material utilization and cut part quality, maximize productivity and ensure accurate part measurement.”
Solutions for composites:
- Laser templating: Virtek LaserEdge® provides two- and three-dimensional laser templating and positioning that eliminates the need for physical templates. It is ideal for ply layup, paint masking, harness assembly or component location.
- Automated nesting: ComposiNest™ software automatically nests composite plies to achieve the greatest material yields.
- Computer-controlled cutting: GERBERcutters® are the optimal solution for single- and low-ply cutting of challenging composite materials.
- Laser-guided kitting: Virtek LaserKit™ helps workers assemble accurate kits by indicating the correct sequence of plies to be picked from the cutting table.
- Ply inspection: Virtek® LaserQC® is a non-contact rapid inspection system that employs lasers to capture more than 500 data points per second for thorough ply inspection.
Solutions for industrial fabrics:
- Pattern design: AccuMark® pattern design software enables users to quickly create new patterns or modify existing ones to drastically accelerate product development.
- Automated nesting: AccuNest™ software automatically nests parts to achieve the greatest material yields.
- Computer-controlled cutting: GERBERcutters® cut challenging industrial fabrics precisely and rapidly.
- Cut part inspection: Virtek® LaserQC® inspection system employs lasers to capture more than 500 data points per second to verify the accuracy of cut parts.
In addition to offering automation solutions, both Gerber Technology and Virtek staff highly-experienced industry and applications experts who can assist customers to analyze and optimize their business processes. “We work side-by-side with customers after installation to help them get the most out of the automation systems they purchase,” added Fenn. “Our experts have worked with 25,000 customers, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, composites and technical textiles industries in 130 countries. The best practices we have amassed help ensure our new and existing customers are as profitable as they can be.”
About Gerber Technology
For more than four decades, Gerber Technology has been the world leader in providing sophisticated hardware and software systems to automate and more effectively manage the product design and manufacturing process. The company serves 25,000 customers, including more than 100 Fortune 500 companies, in the aerospace, apparel, retail, composites, packaging, furniture, technical textiles and transportation interiors industries in 130 countries. Gerber’s products help users move faster, at less cost and with the highest quality.
Based in Connecticut, USA, Gerber Technology is owned by Vector Capital, a San Francisco-based, global private equity firm specializing in the technology sector that manages more than $2 billion of equity capital. Visit http://www.gerbertechnology.com for more information.
About Virtek Vision
Virtek Vision International Inc., of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, provides high-precision, laser-based kitting, templating and inspection solutions for composite processing. The company serves the world’s top 10 aerospace companies, among others. It is owned by Gerber Technology of Connecticut, USA. Visit http://www.virtek.ca for more information.