Tolland, CT (Vocus) May 19, 2010
Gerber Technology, a business unit of Gerber Scientific, Inc. (NYSE: GRB) and a world leader in automated CAD/CAM and PLM solutions for the apparel and flexible materials industry, is today unveiling Version 3.0 of its industry-leading YuniquePLM software at the SPESA EXPO 2010 trade show in Atlanta. The new release features extended line and merchandise planning tools, at-a-glance management visibility dashboards, enhanced user and supplier home pages, and numerous other productivity tools that enhance the user experience.
According to Bill Brewster, President, Gerber Software Solutions, Gerber Technology, “Version 3.0 represents a major advancement for PLM in our industry with the addition of new, first of their kind capabilities and numerous improvements on our already best-in-class user experience and productivity. This new release confirms our accelerated commitment to industry-focused PLM solutions and significantly extends our functional lead in this important software category.
YuniquePLM 3.0 includes significant new and improved functionality, including:
- Merchandise and Line Planning: Extended and more flexible line planning options accommodate a variety of planning methods. Merchandise setup at the product group level is automatically rolled-up to division and collection levels. New plans show side-by-side comparisons of the number of styles, fabrics, colorways, and silhouettes with the previous season. A grid view displays all planned items as well as placeholders for new products.
Financial planning includes provisions for the number of units, markup factor, target retail, wholesale, FOB, gross margin calculations, and more. Range planning enables planners to break down the plan into individual deliveries, while color, material, and silhouette tabs are used to further identify specific components of planned products.
- Management Dashboards: Managers and executives gain visibility through these easy-to-use and highly visual dashboards. Chart and graph views of the most popular business metrics come pre-configured in the system. Examples include seasonal style summary by type, vendor sample submit scorecard, color approval status, and material testing status. Users can drill-down on specific information to analyze in greater detail. Dashboards can also be viewed on mobile internet devices such as the iPhone® or iPad™.
- User Dashboard: The user home page has been redesigned to provide an immediate view of key to-do, late tasks, and newly added items of specific importance to individual users. This display helps users stay focused on the highest priority tasks throughout their work day.
- Local Language Support: System headers and labels can now be dynamically displayed in the user’s local language based on individual login.
- Supplier Report Access: Online vendors and agents now have access to the reports folder that enables them to self-generate relevant reports in real-time directly from the system.
- Multi-Cloth: Users can quickly and easily create multiple products based on the same body type, while also assigning different raw materials and colorways to each. Users can also use batch update tools to change material types for an entire list of products in a single action.
- Quality Assurance: Expanded capabilities enable users to view status, evaluate, and approve fit for multiple sample garments in various sizes on a single page.
- Multi-Image Sample Management: Users can now upload multiple images (i.e. digital pictures, construction details, etc.) in a single action during the sample evaluation process.
- Line List: Line lists are enhanced to show style “where-used” information. Users can also add any style in the system to an existing line list.
- Collection Grid: A convenient grid format allows users to designate quantities for each color and collection through a single, big picture grid view.
For more information on additional YuniquePLM features and benefits, visit http://www.yuniqueplm.com.
About Gerber Technology
Gerber Technology (http://www.gerbertechnology.com), a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, develops and manufactures the world's leading brands of product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions, product data management (PDM) solutions and CAD/CAM automation systems for the sewn products and flexible materials industries. These systems automate and significantly improve the efficiency of information management, product design and development, pre-production and production processes. The company offers specialized solutions to a variety of end-user markets including apparel, composites, industrial fabrics, transportation interiors and home textiles. Gerber Technology’s world headquarters are located in Tolland, Connecticut, U.S.A. with regional offices, agents and distributors in more than 126 countries serving over 22,000 customers through 16 Customer Solutions Centers on six continents. The company engineers and manufactures its products in various locations throughout the United States, Europe and Asia. For more information about Gerber Technology, connect with us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Through innovation and commitment to our customers, Gerber’s products have become industry standards as well as benchmarks by which all others are measured. By continuing to explore emerging technologies and to build strategic relationships, Gerber intends to continue the pace of setting new standards for innovation and productivity.
Established in 1968, Gerber Technology is one of four business units of $553 million corporation Gerber Scientific, Inc. (http://www.gerberscientific.com) of South Windsor, Connecticut. Gerber Scientific is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the “GRB” symbol.
YuniquePLM is a trademark of Gerber Technology.
iPhone is a registered trademark and iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.
# # #