“We try to encourage people to save energy and money with up-front, no-cost options including repair and replacement solutions.” Tom Gillece
Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) September 16, 2011
Gillece Services recently earned the prestigious “Green Screened” Contractor Mark that was bestowed upon all Gillece Services Technicians. The Green Screened Contractor Mark is given to contractors like Gillece Services Technicians who embrace the challenge of protecting the environment by:
- Educating homeowners about the environmental and savings benefits of having a “green” home comfort system;
- Offering homeowners products and services that can improve the energy efficiency of their home; and,
- Taking an active role in preserving the environment through recycling, reusing, and conserving products and supplies in the office and field.
Remarks Gillece Service’s founder & owner, Mr. Tom Gillece, “We pride ourselves in being experts in the Plumbing, Cooling, Heating and Electrical industries within the Pittsburgh and surrounding communities. We have found that while people do need quick and fast service, they are genuinely concerned about how the solution to their problem might affect the environment in a negative way. At Gillece Services, we are responsible for our actions and their ramifications to our environment within our communities.”
“The population in North America has more than doubled in the last 50 years……?
- …and, therefore, the demand for energy has skyrocketed. Energy is more precious than ever. Everyone has a responsibility to start using it more efficiently which begins by being more conscious of comfort demands and modifying homes to make them more efficient. After all, homes (and other buildings) account for 24% of total energy used. And the very largest consumer of energy in every home is the home comfort system – the furnace and air conditioner.
- …the demand for water has tripled. This escalated demand for water is putting a heavy strain on distribution centers. Experts fear that these centers will not be able to properly remove all of the natural contaminants and human pollutants before the water is dispensed to the public - to you. So, not only are water supplies diminishing, the water that is supposedly “useable” may contain high percentages of toxins.
- … and, so has the need for consumption of electricity. A typical Pittsburgh household spends more than $2,000 a year on energy and contributes twice the amount of greenhouse gases to the environment as an average car. Even though energy resources are dwindling, 30-50% of the energy in this country still is being wasted. So, more oil and coal is being burned every single day. More than 5 tons of coal must be burned to keep up with the electrical demands of one home each year.”*
“We try to encourage people to save energy and money with up-front, no-cost options including repair and replacement solutions,” Tom Gillece resolves, “For example, we educate our customers to the fact that outdated Furnaces and Air Conditioners can waste a tremendous amount of energy and money. That’s precisely the reason we are not afraid to provide an upgrade consideration with cost estimate as an option in addition to repair or maintenance. Ultimately, the choice is the customer’s to make, but at least they have green-centered choices.”
About Gillece Services
Gillece Services is Pittsburgh area’s one-stop shop for home repair and improvement. Our trusted services include all of your Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electrical, Indoor Air Quality, and Water Conditioning needs – emergency, maintenance and replacement. We’re “There The Same Day or You Don’t Pay!”* and “Always Here to Take Your Call!”