This special getaway is perfect for any group of women ready to escape the realities in their life, and just enjoy a few nights of well-deserved 'girl-time,'
Kissimmee, Fla. (Vocus) October 10, 2008
Gaylord Palms® Resort, a hot spot for the next generation "girlfriend's getaways," has launched a special-edition getaway program to bring women together while serving a cause - the Girlfriends "Positively Pink" Getaway. The new program, launched in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, will support local affiliates of Susan G. Komen For the Cure®, one of the nation's largest nonprofit organizations devoted to the fight against breast cancer.
A spin-off of the successful Girlfriends "Truth or Dare" Getaway, "Positively Pink" offers a slate of add-on experiences to customize and enrich a group's gathering to their liking.
For every group that holds a Girlfriends "Positively Pink" Getaway through December 30, 2008, Gaylord Palms will donate $50 to Susan G. Komen For the Cure® to aid in breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment.
The program includes more than 20 optional experiences, including:
- Pretty in Pink Pedicures - Girls can choose their shade of pink. Then sit back, relax and enjoy a luxurious custom-blend pedicure at Canyon Ranch SpaClub.
- Girls Just Wanna Stay In Movie Night - Groups select the chick-flick, and Gaylord Palms will do the rest, even providing a nightcap with snacks and beverages of choice.
- Girlfriends Giving Back - Groups can volunteer for a few hours at Give Kids The World, an organization that provides cost-free vacations for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Gaylord Palms will make it easy by taking care of the arrangements and providing transportation.
- In-Room Fun - Including memory-making activities like a champagne toast, chair massages or even a visit from a fortune teller.
- Gourmet Experiences - Such as a private wine tasting or an in-suite "make-your-own-dessert" party.
- "Girl Talk" Group Session - Sometimes the best reason to come together is to overcome a situation that has caused isolation. Gaylord Palms can book a local therapist to lead a group counseling session.
- And More! - Groups can choose from additional experiences to customize their getaway.
In addition to customizing their getaway, groups can combine their stay to include participation in the Komen Race for a Cure annual 5K walk/run. For groups who want to be involved, the Orlando affiliate for Komen hosts their annual fundraising event on Sunday, Oct. 5.
"This special getaway is perfect for any group of women ready to escape the realities in their life, and just enjoy a few nights of well-deserved 'girl-time,'" says Suzanne Stephan, director of marketing for Gaylord Palms Resort. "And best of all, this getaway experience will benefit a cause that has affected so many of us, directly and indirectly."
Girlfriends "Positively Pink" Getaways start at a special rate of $149 per room, per night with a 2-room minimum. As an added bonus to groups booking a block of four or more rooms, the group's organizer will be upgraded to a spacious suite which is perfect for hosting in-suite activities available exclusively to this program.
For more information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com/positivelypink or call 407-586-2984.
About Gaylord Hotels
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center has gained the attention of the meeting and convention industry by providing world-class convention and leisure-focused amenities - all in one place. The award-winning Gaylord Palms is a Gaylord Hotels-branded property owned by Gaylord Entertainment (NYSE: GET), a leading hospitality and entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn. For more information, visit http://www.gaylordpalms.com or http://www.gaylordentertainment.com.
Media Relations Contacts:
Michelle Smith, (407) 586-0308, email@example.com
Keith Salwoski, (407) 586-0315, firstname.lastname@example.org