1Purpose.com enables people to help others while working towards personal goals. With each personal milestone met, a 1Purpose member can live with purpose, knowing that someone else is counting on them to keep up their efforts.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Boston, MA (PRWEB) December 30, 2011
From exercising more to spending less money, and from quitting smoking to getting organized, New Year’s resolutions can be easy to make and a challenge to keep. 1purpose.com, a new web site that provides the tools and inspiration to help people stick to New Year’s resolutions, enables people to give back while helping themselves, too. With each personal milestone met, a 1Purpose member can make a donation to a favorite charity (and soon a 529 plan) and live with purpose, knowing that someone else is counting on them to keep up their efforts.
“I created 1Purpose to motivate people to live inspired, healthy lives,” said 1Purpose Founder, Life Coach, and Financial Planner Jason Skolnick. “I believe that people can achieve any goal when their daily actions are consistent with their core beliefs. When people encounter daily success, they begin to realize that they are in control of their lives, are able to make proactive and positive decisions, and gain self-confidence.”
Making New Year’s Resolutions Stick:
People find greater success with New Year's resolutions when they set measurable goals, create a structure, share their aspirations with others, and enlist friends for support. 1Purpose can help people do just that, and help others too, with four easy steps:
- Register at http://www.1Purpose.com for free.
- Choose a goal and a place to donate.
- Track progress online or through a free mobile iPhone or Android application.
- Donate to charity each month to reward progress, or choose to defer the donation to a subsequent month.
Beyond the New Year -- 1Purpose for Charities and Businesses:
Individuals aren’t the only ones who can benefit from 1Purpose. Charities consistently search for new fundraising ideas, and with 1Purpose, they would have the opportunity to reach a broader range of donors, increase awareness and appeal, and even discover new supporters. In return, donors can be motivated to make progress toward their goals while giving back. Charities can use 1Purpose as an additional way to connect to donors by:
- Designing a team of supporters;
- Inviting existing and potential donors to join the team;
- Choosing an activity that would be meaningful to supporters; and
- Encouraging supporters to monitor their giving and accomplishments either online or through a free mobile iPhone or Android application.
Businesses can inspire their customers and employees to stay healthy, be productive, and give back to the community with 1Purpose by:
- Creating teams;
- Selecting charities that align with a company’s mission;
- Inviting employees, partners, and clients to join the team; and
- Welcoming team members to monitor their individual achievements either online or through a free mobile iPhone or Android application.
By building teams through 1Purpose, employees can gain pride in their workplace, and customers can be inspired to offer support. As teams progress toward a business’ goal, donations are securely and accurately sent to its team’s charity of choice.
Based in Rockland, MA, 1Purpose is the brainchild of Jason Skolnick, a Life Coach and Financial Planner. Skolnick’s desire to inspire people to live with purpose resulted in the creation of 1Purpose, an organization which offers free, online tools to help people reach their personal goals and give back to others simultaneously. More detailed information can be found at http://www.1Purpose.com.
Media Contact: Nancy Nuzzo, nancy(at)nuzzo(dot)net
# # #