(PRWEB) December 2, 2008
According to a recent Harris Survey, 84 percent of Americans would rather have money go to a charity in their name than receive a gift this holiday season.*
With that spirit in mind, Giving Certificates offer the best of all worlds. More memorable than another holiday sweater, scarf or CD, a Giving Certificate is a check that's redeemable with any US charity (there are over a million choices) and allows the recipient to select the nonprofit organization that will receive a much-needed donation. In short, they're a simple way to give back AND pay it forward.
Offered by a California-based nonprofit organization called Charity Checks since 2000, a Giving Certificate provides three different sections:
1. A place for your personal note/corporate logo
2. A section for the recipient to fill in their name and address if they want acknowledgment from the charity (or they can give anonymously)
3. An actual Charity Check for a specific denomination ($25 to $1,0000) with a blank payee line. The recipient fills in the nonprofit he or she cares about. The full amount can be deposited by the charity to help solve problems. No need to log onto a computer and no fees deducted during transaction.
Available online with a click at http://www.CharityChecks.us or http://www.GivingCertificates.org, these tax-deductible certificates are a memorable way to help those in need. Giving Certificates are the present that helps the future…
- Give 20 to your friends, employees or clients and you will help 20 causes.
- Gift them to children for a new family tradition that encourages kids to think about the true Giving Spirit of the Season.
- Buy extras for '08 tax deductions, and '09 gifts for the New Year.
- Use them yourself! To give anonymously or for "pre-paid philanthropy" (see Multiplier Chart)
For further information:
Visit CharityChecks.us or GivingCertificates.org or call: 800-854-5601
America's original Giving Certificates ® for Nonprofits