Dallas, TX (PRWEB) February 07, 2013
This report examines the global procedure volumes for IVD and laboratory tests. It covers only commercialized tests, specifically excluding those that are developmental or used primarily for research purposes.
- Point of Care (Glucose, Pregnancy, Other)
- CoreLab (General Chemistries, Blood Gas Analyzers, Urinalysis, Immunoassays
- Infectious Disease, Cardiac Markers, Diabetes/HbA1c, Autoimmune)
- Molecular (Infectious Disease [inc. molecular tests for HIV, Hepatitis, STDs, HAI, Respiratory, Other], Oncology, Inherited Disease, Other)
- Coagulation (PT, PTT)
- Microbiology (Automated Panels, Manual Panels, Blood Culture, Chromogenic Media)
- Blood Banking
- Histology/Cytology (Pap, Non-Pap, Image Cytometry, Flow Cytometry, ISH, IHC, CTCs)
For each of these categories, global procedure volume estimates are provided for the historic 2012 period and forecasts are provided through 2017. Price estimates are offered for leading products, systems and equipment; these represent average list prices but do not take into account variations between countries, discounts or rebates and other fluctuations. Pricing trend analysis is provided for each category. Basic sales estimates for each major market segment are provided. The report “IVD Procedure Volume and Pricing Analysis” also provides
- Fees earned by test providers across categories, 2012-2017
- Regional Analysis of IVD market drivers
- Fees Earned by Largest Clinical Laboratories
- Cancer, Infectious Disease, Microbial Resistance and Other Import Trends
- Description of IVD Tests in Clinical Use.
- CLIA Registered Labs by Facility 2012
Clinical laboratory medicine plays an integral role in healthcare and disease management, as it estimated that approximately 80% of physician’s diagnoses are a result of laboratory tests. In addition to disease diagnosis, clinical lab testing is also performed to evaluate disease progression, monitor drug treatment and conditions, determine individual therapy, and several other reasons. The increase in lab procedure volumes across categories of tests, as well as the corresponding increase in fees earned and instruments and reagents sold, points to the increasing importance of testing to the healthcare system. The global market for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and clinical lab tests remains strong, with a plethora of new products and rising procedure volumes through 2017. Furthermore, clinical lab testing is poised to increase dramatically in the developing nations and even developed economies like China as the healthcare infrastructure in these countries improves and the standard of care is uniformly raised across their populations. This combined with the introduction of new tests and technologies in the developed world will drive strong global growth through the foreseeable future. Which company is performing what share of IVD procedures? This unique business planning tool answers this question, allowing readers to obtain procedure volume by company. The following IVD leaders are profiled and their procedure volume is analyzed in this report:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Beckman Coulter, Inc./Danaher
- Becton, Dickinson & Co.
- BioMerieux, Inc.
- Bio-RAD Laboratories, Inc.
- Bio-Reference Laboratories
- Clarient, Inc./GE Healthcare 1
- Danaher Corp.
- DaVita, Inc.
- Genoptix, Inc./Novartis
- Gen-Probe, Inc.
- Hologic, Inc.
- Horiba Medical
- Instrumentation Laboratory
- Laboratory Corporation of America
- Myriad Genetics
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Quest Diagnostics
- Radiometer A/S
- Spectra Laboratories
- Sysmex Corp.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
Historical information for this report was gathered from a wide variety of published sources including company reports and filings, government documents, legal filings, trade journals, newspapers and business press, analysts’ reports and other sources. Interviews with company representatives and other experts were conducted to capture the perspectives from industry participants’ point of view and assess trends, and form the basis of the forecasting and competitive analysis.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=218311. Alternatively, you can ask questions @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/contacts/requestsample.aspx?name=218311 before making your final purchase decision.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.