Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
The global market for superconductor technologies was valued at nearly $1.7 billion in 2011 and should reach $1.8 billion in 2012. Total market value is expected to reach $3.3 billion in 2017 after increasing at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.6%. Magnets are expected to have a value of nearly $1.8 billion in 2012 and $2.3 billion in 2017, a CAGR of 5.2%. Electrical equipment should total $26.9 million in 2012 and $920.1 million in 2017, a CAGR of 102.7%.
The overall goal of this superconductor technologies market report is to provide an up-to-date understanding of the developing market for superconducting applications, materials, and other enabling technologies. Specific objectives include:
- Identifying superconducting applications with the greatest commercial potential in the near term to midterm (2011 to 2017).
- Analyzing the key drivers and constraints that will shape the market for these superconducting applications as the basis for projecting demand over the next five years.
- Estimating current and future consumption of superconducting materials and other key enabling technologies.
- Identifying the companies that are best positioned to meet this demand because of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, or other advantages.
Superconductivity is a unique and powerful tool in scientific research that has led to important strides in health care such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Other superconducting technologies on the cusp of commercialization will increase the efficiency with which electricity is produced and used, which will indirectly benefit the environment. In the future, superconducting technologies may be used to predict earthquakes, map the magnetic fields produced by the brain, and produce ultrahigh-performance computers. These are only a few examples of the wide range of superconductivity technologies and applications analyzed in this report.
SCOPE AND FORMAT
The report addresses trends in superconductivity technology and the global market for superconductivity applications during the period from 2011 through 2017, including:
- Science, research, and technology development.
- Health care.
- Electric utilities.
- Other applications.
The study format includes the following major elements:
- Executive summary.
- Overview (i.e., definitions, brief history, superconductivity characteristics, market summary).
- Developments in superconducting technology that are expected to influence the market through 2017.
- Detailed market estimates and projections for each technology, application, and end use during the period from 2011 to 2017.
- General assessment of expected technological and market trends in the longer term.
- Description of key players in the emerging superconductivity industry.
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/70528-superconductors-technologies-and-global-markets.html
Major Company Profiles:
1. Abb Ltd.
2. Accel Instruments Gmbh
3. Advanced Magnet Lab Inc.
5. American Magnetics Inc.
6. American Superconductor Corp.
7. Asg Superconductors Spa
8. Babcock Noell Gmbh
9. Colorado Superconductor Corp.
10. Cryoelectra Gmbh
11. Cryomagnetics Inc.
12. Cryoton Ltd.
13. Diboride Conductors Ltd.
14. D-Wave Systems Inc.
15. Eriez Manufacturing Co.
16. European High-Temperature Superconductors Gmbh & Co. Kg
17. Evico Gmbh
18. Fuji Electric Co.
19. Fujikura Ltd.
20. Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd.
21. General Electric Co.
22. Hitachi Ltd.
23. Hts-110 Ltd.
24. Hyper Tech Research Inc.
25. Hypres Inc.
26. Innova Superconductor Technologies
27. Isco International Llc
28. Ishikawajima-Harima Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
29. Janis Research Co. Inc.
30. Karlsruher Institut Fur Technologie
31. Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
32. Levtech Inc.
33. Luvata Pori Oy
34. Maglev 2000
35. Metal Oxide Technologies Inc.
36. Neocera Inc.
38. Northrop Grumman Corp.
39. Oxford Instruments Plc
40. Oxford Superconducting Technology Lp
41. Quantum Design Inc.
42. Royal Philips Electronics Nv
43. Scientific Magnetics
44. Siemens Ag
45. Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
46. Superpower Inc.
47. Superconductor Technologies Inc.
48. Toshiba Corp.
49. Waukesha Electric Systems Inc.
50. Zenergy Power Plc
Browse more reports on Advanced Materials Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/advanced-material/
Contact sales(at)reportsandreports(dot)com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/ ) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.