“GoAnywhere Director allows customers to eliminate custom scripts and the numerous tools that were typically needed for transferring, encrypting and translating data.” says Bob Luebbe – Chief Architect
Omaha, Nebraska (Vocus/PRWEB) February 08, 2011
Linoma Software has released version 3.50 of GoAnywhere Director, a Managed File Transfer (MFT) solution which will automate and secure the exchange of data with your customers, trading partners and enterprise servers. New features in GoAnywhere Director 3.50 include:
- Message Queues - Connects to enterprise message queue (MQ) services including Websphere MQ (MQ Series), SonicMQ and ActiveMQ using the JMS standard. Both MQ Topics and Queues are supported for exchanging data between customer applications and GoAnywhere Director using this fault-tolerant communication model.
- Network Shares – Provides access to files and folders on almost any system within a customer’s network including Windows servers, Linux/Unix servers and IBM i (iSeries) file systems using the SMB/CIFS protocol. GoAnywhere Director can be used to manage, encrypt and securely transfer files from/to these Network Shares through scheduled and automated work flows.
- File Monitors – Includes new wizards to set up monitors that can scan for new, modified and/or deleted files in targeted folders, which can then execute predefined workflows to process the files.
- Auto-Resume - Automatically reconnects and resumes file transfers when server connections break for FTP, FTPS and SFTP protocols. This feature is critical in helping to guarantee delivery.
- File Locking – Allows locks to be obtained on data files on read and write operations, which is important for ensuring the integrity of files and eliminating conflicts between applications.
- Command Shortcuts – Provides new IBM i (iSeries) command shortcuts to popular functions including SFTP gets/puts, Open PGP encryption/decryption, ZIP and UNZIP.
- High Availability (HA) – Allows GoAnywhere Director configurations and logging data to be stored in customer database systems including SQL Server, MySQL and DB2 for IBM i. This allows customers to manage and replicate this data using in-house database and HA tools.
GoAnywhere Director allows for remote administration from any Web browser, including iPads and smart phones. The latest release includes improved styling and organization of the screens, along with more on-screen help to enhance usability. Additional templates have also been added to make it easier to create more variations of project workflows. For instance, in just a couple minutes, a user could utilize a template to create a project that extracts data from a database, converts it to CSV format, encrypts it with Open PGP and sends it to a FTP server.
“GoAnywhere Director allows customers to eliminate custom scripts and the numerous tools that were typically needed for transferring, encrypting and translating data,” says Bob Luebbe – Chief Architect. “As its feature-set continues to grow, GoAnywhere Director can be used to streamline even more data transfers while providing the audit trails and security needed for compliance.”
GoAnywhere Director installs on most platforms including Windows, Linux, IBM i (iSeries), AIX, UNIX, HP-UX, Solaris and Mac OS X. A fully functional trial of GoAnywhere Director is available at http://www.GoAnywhereMFT.com. Pricing starts at $3,995.
# # #