Saint Augustine, FL (Vocus) November 23, 2010
New construction, developer transactions and an increase in home closings are creating buzz in St. Augustine's foremost master-planned golf community World Golf Village. From new construction in Cascades, World Golf Village's active adult retirement community, to the expansion of the upscale villa neighborhood Laterra Links, there's new activity throughout the 6,300-acre St. Johns County community. Says Sherry Davidson, President of Davidson Realty, Inc., “We've seen an increase of 20+% more closings in our St. Augustine golf community and northern St. Johns County area (served by the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors) than in the first nine months of 2009. We believe the increase is thanks to a combination of great deals for homebuyers and very low interest rates.”
Real estate projects currently underway in World Golf Village include:
- There are six new models now open in The Cascades, the active adult retirement community, 12 homes currently under construction, and plans to start several more.
- There are new owners for the Isles of the World community. All of the incomplete buildings have been purchased and will be completed soon.
- One new building in Laterra Links has been completed with three additional buildings still under construction.
- The upscale Laterra Spa is reopening in November with some exciting improvements.
- There's quite a bit of construction activity in the King & Bear at World Golf Village. A custom home is under construction in Oakgrove Estates. One new home was completed in the Crest and two additional homes are under construction. A new home is also under construction in LakeWood.
The original developers of World Golf Village, Davidson remains the biggest lister in World Golf Village. The company is also among the top 10 real estate agencies in the area based on sales volume. Despite a tough economy and hard-hit real estate market, Davidson Realty has managed to grow its business. In the last three years, Davidson has doubled its number of Realtors and expanded its territories to include Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra and Flagler County, in addition to St. Johns County.
About The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village
The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village is Northeast Florida's first choice for gracious living. Conveniently situated between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, the master-planned community offers a variety of distinctive neighborhoods from gated, custom estate homes and resort condominiums, to stylish coach homes and affordable single-family homes priced from the $200,000s to $2 million. In addition to its world-renowned championship golf, the community is home to the acclaimed World Golf Hall of Fame and IMAX® Theater. Other top-shelf amenities include a year-round heated Junior Olympic-sized swimming pool, lighted tennis courts, playground, fitness center, and clubhouse. Dotted with parks and walking paths, the Neighborhoods of World Golf Village is popular with nature lovers. Restaurants, shops and daily necessities such as a Publix grocery store are conveniently located. For more information about The Neighborhoods of World Golf Village, visit http://www.worldgolfrealestate.com , Fan them on Facebook at http://www.Facebook.com/WorldGolfVillage or Follow them on Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/WorldGolfVillag .