The iPad app will reduce our costs and improve food safety for our Navy Sailors.
Milwaukee, WI (PRWEB) March 13, 2012
Inspect2GO’s Food Safety Inspection App (http://www.inspect2go.com/food) has been selected by Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc. (Goodwill Great Lakes), for inspection of Galleys at Naval Station Great Lakes. The iPad-based software eliminates paperwork and improves efficiencies in logging all information electronically, during kitchen/galley inspections.
This specific application is configured for daily, weekly and monthly inspections. The food safety inspector walks through the kitchen/galley following an extensive checklist. Items are checked and notes/images are taken where issues arise. Previously, these food safety inspections were performed using a clipboard and a separate camera. With Inspect2GO’s app, paperwork is reduced, the process is streamlined and the data is stored accurately and permanently.
“Inspect2GO adapted its food safety software to our unique needs,” said Joe Nikolaus, Director of Process Improvement and Review for Goodwill Great Lakes. “The iPad app will reduce our costs and improve food safety for our Navy Sailors.”
“This project has a special place in our hearts,” said Paul Smith, President of Inspect2GO. “We are honored to play a small role in assisting Goodwill and the U.S. Navy.”
The Inspect2GO Food Safety/DOH Health Inspection Apps can be configured to include the following functions, several of which are included in the Goodwill project:
- Data collection and field surveys
- Electronic signature capture
- Photo/Image capture
- On-screen drawing to markup images
- PDF reporting generation from iPad
- Data push/pull between SQL cloud server and iPad app via web services
- Database hosting and advanced reporting
- Data analytics, graphing, charting, site comparison and trending over time
- Custom HACCP audit mobile applications
- Supermarket chain food/workplace safety and HACCP apps (grocery, meat, dairy, bakery and produce inspection)
- Restaurant Inspection iPad Apps - Franchise Restaurant HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace Safety Apps
- iPad School Inspection - Cafeteria Kitchen Inspection per USDA/FDA standards
- Health Department (DOH) Food Safety Inspection iPad Apps(EHS, Local City/County DOH)
- Violation, time control logs, danger zones
- GRP Good Retail Practices
- HACCIP App Subsections Include: Personal hygiene, food preparation, hot holding, cold holding, refrigerator/freezer/milk cooler, food storage/dry storage, cleaning/sanitizing, utensils/equipment, garbage storage/disposal, pest control
- Custom iOS (iPhone, iPad), Android mobile apps / .Net, Windows 8 and HTML5 web apps
About Goodwill Great Lakes
The U.S. Navy, Goodwill and NISH are partnered at Naval Station Great Lakes through the AbilityOne Program. This program provides employment opportunities for individuals with significant disabilities. Through training and workforce development support, Goodwill professionals work closely and directly to assist program participants to overcome barriers so they become independent and self-sustaining individuals who contribute to their communities. The U.S. Navy and Goodwill have been partnered for 14 years providing food service at Naval Station Great Lakes. Nearly 700 people with significant disabilities are employed by Goodwill Great Lakes. Last year, operating in 10 galleys, Goodwill served 8.9 million meals to recruits and Sailors at Naval Station Great Lakes.
Inspect2Go, Inc., is a mobile application development company based in Southern California. The firm’s technology includes inspection checklist mobile apps with signature, photo, markup, pdf email, database and custom reporting functions. The checklist apps are compatible with Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android. Inspect2go’s EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) software is focused on HACCP and Food Safety Inspection. These include custom HACCP audit applications, sanitation and hygiene apps, hospitality audit inspection checklists, workplace safety checklists and kitchen inspection applications. Specific apps based on USDA/FDA guidelines can be tailored to unique school cafeteria, hospital, hotel, restaurant, special event and wholesale food processing needs.