Hanley Wood has the editorial strength and depth to reach the key professionals who will build this market with the information they need.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 12, 2008
Hanley Wood, LLC, the leading media and information company serving the residential construction market, announces the launch of ECOHOME integrated network of media including a magazine, Web site, conference and e-newsletter.
"Green building and sustainable design will represent a $45 billion market by 2010, with 10% of all homes built qualifying as green. This is an important new business opportunity for those who serve the residential construction market," says Peter Goldstone, President of Hanley Wood Business Media. "Hanley Wood has the editorial strength and depth to reach the key professionals who will build this market with the information they need."
ECOHOME launched with:
- ECOHOME magazine is published four times in 2008 with new product information, case studies on innovative green homes and best practices data for 35,000 builders, remodelers and architects identified as active in green building.
- ECOHOME's Web site (ecohomemagazine.com) is devoted to serving the community of residential construction professionals building and designing green.
- ECOHOME Update is a weekly e-newsletter delivering the latest product information and news to builders, remodelers and residential architects.
- ECOHOME Conference is an annual event supporting construction pros with the exhibition of new products and the demonstration of techniques to help create more environmentally friendly homes.
ECOHOME magazine originally launched as GREEN PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY in February 2008. The magazine's mission was broadened to include sustainable project coverage in addition to green products. ECOHOME magazine will publish quarterly in 2008 and bi-monthly in 2009.
ECOHOME's Web site (ecohomemagazine.com), which debuted with the magazine, provides green product information, green news and trends, case studies on innovative green homes and best practice data for builders, remodelers and architects actively involved in green building. BtoB Magazine selected the ECOHOME Web site as the best launched b-to-b media site in their annual 10 Great B-to-B Media Sites competition. Key online components include:
- Green News, which provides pros quick access to breaking news from ECOHOME magazine, exclusive online articles, as well as news and articles collected from other Hanley Wood publications, Web sites and numerous outside news sources.
- Green Products, which offers a complete review of green product categories from a good-better-best approach, their varying levels of green, benefits and challenges, related product trends and more.
- Green Building and Design, which presents case histories and best practice advice from professional builders, remodelers and architects who share their insight into how they've incorporated green building practices and products into projects.
- Green Programs and Events, which lists events and deadlines for related industry competitions, green construction programs, continuing education and more.
In October, Hanley Wood Exhibitions will launch the ECOHOME Conference in Austin. The conference will feature an extensive educational program coupled with networking offerings and a tradeshow featuring numerous product exhibits and interactive elements. Like the magazine and Web site, the conference will focus on the residential construction sector.
"We anticipate a strong launch of the annual EcoHome Conference as new products and services flood the market to serve the green home building industry," says Galen Poss, president, Hanley Wood Exhibitions. "We're locating the show in the green-friendly city of Austin, Texas--which is in a strong custom home market and within driving distance of three of the top 10 cities in America."
The editorial content of ECOHOME is managed by two award-winning Hanley Wood editors: Jean Dimeo, Editorial Director of ebuild and BUILDING PRODUCTS, and Rick Schwolsky, Chief Editor of TOOLS OF THE TRADE and EL NUEVO CONSTRUCTOR. Dimeo has worked for newspapers and magazines covering home building and remodeling for more than 20 years. Schwolsky was president of his own building company specializing in energy-efficient homes and co-authored The Builder's Guide to Solar Construction. He also has been a frequent speaker and consultant on energy-efficient construction.
"Consumers are requesting more and more high-performance, energy-efficient, healthy homes," says Dimeo. "Hanley Wood has traditionally been at the forefront of providing construction pros with the latest, most comprehensive information on how to improve their businesses and better serve their customers. ECOHOME will fulfill these needs by providing pros with practical advice and solutions to build and remodel green homes and by identifying the latest and the greatest green products, first online and then in the magazine."
Entering the green construction market represents an important strategic growth initiative for Hanley Wood. The launch of the ECOHOME media network, coupled with the recent acquisition of eco-structure (eco-structure.com), which caters to the commercial sector, demonstrates Hanley Wood's strong commitment to the green movement. In addition to these two green-focused brands, numerous other brands in the Hanley Wood portfolio have introduced dedicated green departments or green-themed editorial features to their everyday coverage of the construction industry.
Media sales is managed by Mark Taussig, Publisher of PROSALES, COASTAL CONTRACTOR, TOOLS OF THE TRADE and EL NUEVO CONSTRUCTOR. For more information about media opportunities, contact Mark at 202-736-3406 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can be found in the ECOHOME media kit (ecohomemediakit.com).
The ECOHOME Conference is managed by Rick McConnell, vice president of Hanley Wood Exhibitions, with day-to-day operations under Amy Allen. For more information regarding the conference, contact Amy at 972-536-6313 or email@example.com.
About Hanley Wood
Hanley Wood, LLC, is the premier media and information company serving housing and construction. Through four operating divisions, the company produces award-winning magazines and Web sites, marquee trade shows and events, rich data and custom marketing solutions. The company also is North America's leading publisher of home plans. Hanley Wood Business Media (Washington, D.C.), publishes 36 award-winning residential and commercial construction titles, including BUILDER, REMODELING, CUSTOM HOME, CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION and residential architect. Hanley Wood Business Media also offers the construction industry's foremost collection of Web sites, including BUILDER ONLINE, REMODELING ONLINE, and ebuild, the comprehensive online guide to building products, as well as the largest collection of house plans online through eplans.com and Dream Home Source.
Founded in 1976, Hanley Wood is a $250 million company owned by affiliates of JPMorgan Partners, LLC. CCMP Capital Advisors manages the Hanley Wood investment for JPMorgan Partners.