Since the launch of Ply Gem Enviro, we have taken several steps in accomplishing our goals and earning the Green Approved product mark is just the beginning of a continued corporate commitment to sustainability
Cary, NC (PRWEB) October 27, 2009
Ply Gem, a leading manufacturer of exterior building products for the residential construction market, announced today that multiple products in the window and door, siding, stone veneer and aluminum accessory portfolio have received the NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Research Center National Green Building Certification in a combination of nine different certification categories. This Green Approved mark indicates that approved products comply with specific green practice criteria in the National Green Building Standard™ and can be used by builders to earn points toward National Green Building Certification to the Standard.
Upon launching the Ply Gem Enviro™ initiative in January 2009, Ply Gem laid a roadmap for the development of green products, the use of environmentally responsible practices in operations, and contribution to the improved energy efficiency and lifecycle benefits of homes.
"Since the launch of Ply Gem Enviro, we have taken several steps in accomplishing our goals and earning the Green Approved product mark is just the beginning of a continued corporate commitment to sustainability," says Gary E. Robinette, president and CEO, Ply Gem. "The achievement of Green Approved status has pushed Ply Gem to the next level in sustainability leadership in the residential construction marketplace, while also helping our customers build success in their businesses by providing the products they want and need."
Ply Gem products were selected for Green Approved status based on features including, but not limited to: no additional on-site finish; termite resistant materials; ENERGY STAR® ratings for windows and doors and insulated siding; certified U-factor (rate of heat loss) and SGHC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient) of windows and doors.
Ply Gem products received Green Approved Product Certificates in the following areas. More information on product point values will be available on http://www.plygem.com and http://www.GreenApprovedProducts.com.
Windows and Doors:
- Vinyl - Ply Gem® Windows Builder, Pro and Premium Series
- Vinyl, Aluminum & Wood Clad - Ply Gem Windows Contractor, Builder, Pro and Premium Series
- Insulated - Mastic Home Exteriors™ by Ply Gem Structure® EPS; Variform by Ply Gem CSL 600™; Georgia Pacific Seasons
- Siding & Soffit - All siding & soffit products and accessories under the brands Mastic Home Exteriors by Ply Gem; Variform® by Ply Gem; NAPCO® by Ply Gem; Georgia Pacific; Cellwood® by Ply Gem; Durabuilt® by Ply Gem; TrueWall by Ply Gem
- Siding, Soffit, Fascia, Accessories & Trim Coil - Products under the brands Mastic Home Exteriors by Ply Gem; Variform by Ply Gem; NAPCO by Ply Gem; Georgia Pacific; Cellwood by Ply Gem; Durabuilt by Ply Gem
- Drip Edge - All drip edge products under the brands Mastic Home Exteriors by Ply Gem; Variform by Ply Gem; NAPCO by Ply Gem; Georgia Pacific; Cellwood by Ply Gem; Durabuilt by Ply Gem
- Gutter and Downspout Systems - All gutter and downspout products under the brands Mastic Home Exteriors by Ply Gem; Variform by Ply Gem; NAPCO by Ply Gem; Durabuilt by Ply Gem
- All Ply Gem Stone products, including United Stone Veneer by Ply Gem
- Shakes & Rounds - Mastic Home Exteriors by Ply Gem Cedar Discovery®; Variform by Ply Gem Heritage Cedar; NAPCO by Ply Gem Cedar Select; Georgic Pacific Cedar Spectrum; Cellwood by Ply Gem Cedar Dimensions
"These certifications further our dedication to providing customers with superior options to help meet and exceed sustainability goals and build eco-friendly homes," says Keith Pigues, chief marketing officer, Ply Gem. "We are now looking forward to the next phases in the Ply Gem Enviro initiative including the continued improvement of environmental efficiency in not only our products, but also our internal operations."
About Ply Gem Enviro
In January 2009, Ply Gem launched the Ply Gem Enviro™ initiative to pave the way towards a more sustainable industry and future. Ply Gem takes a holistic approach to sustainability and is committed to the development of green and sustainable products, the use of environmentally responsible practices in operations, and contributing to the improved energy efficiency and lifecycle benefits of homes.
About Ply Gem
Ply Gem, headquartered in Cary, N.C., is committed to helping North America's homebuilders, remodelers, architects, distributors, dealers and retailers do more than build homes. Ply Gem wants to help them build their business. The Company offers an unmatched solution to exterior building product needs with a portfolio that includes leading window, door, siding and accessories, stone veneer, fence and rail brands so there is something for every project. Ply Gem siding brands including Mastic Home Exteriors ™, Variform®, NAPCO®, United Stone Veneer, Kroy®, Cellwood®, Georgia Pacific, DuraBuilt®, Richwood®, Leaf Relief® and Monticello® Columns. Ply Gem Windows manufactures and markets vinyl, vinyl-clad, wood-clad, aluminum-clad, and aluminum window and patio door brands including Ply Gem® Windows, CWD® Windows and Doors and Great Lakes® Window. The Company's brands are sold through short-line and two-step distributors, pro dealers, home improvement dealers and big box retailers. Ply Gem employs more than 4,400 people across North America. Visit http://www.plygem.com for more information.
# # #