Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 28, 2008
GreenEnergyChoice.com, a leading green energy site offering customers options to switch to renewable energy and purchase Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), offers consumers green tips for the final days of summer.
Even with the summer season drawing to a close, it is still worth the effort to be green. What makes "being green" a challenge at times is that it requires conscious effort and discipline in order to change some life-long habits that ultimately translate to sustainable conservation as a way of life. During the summer, it is easier to be distracted with daily schedule interruptions, vacations, not to mention, the compelling need to spend more time outdoors enjoying good weather. Here are some things for consumers to keep in mind during the hottest part of the year.
- When drinking all that extra water, remember to recycle used water bottles. However, always throw away the plastic caps before hand, as only the bottle is recyclable.
- To save water, wash your pets in or near an area of your lawn that needs water.
- Rain is nature's air conditioning. Crack the windows when it's raining to get a nice breeze going through the house without using all that power.
- Don't replace the old bathing suit or towel with just anything --organic cotton is helpful to the environment and reduces the use of unwanted pesticides.
- While on vacation, unplug your electronics. Even if something is turned off, it still uses electricity. Be sure to switch power strips off as well.
GreenEnergyChoice offers customers a place to find environmentally-friendly electricity or natural gas providers that offer renewable energy in Texas. GreenEnergyChoice is a free online service committed to making it simple for customers nationwide to protect the environment through their purchasing decisions. GreenEnergyChoice is a member of the WhiteFence network.