New York, NY (PRWEB) April 20, 2011
International law firm Greenberg Traurig LLP ranks among the world’s top mergers and acquisitions legal advisors, according to league table reports for the first quarter of 2011 published by Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg and mergermarket.
- 9th for global announced deals based on value (Bloomberg)
- 10th for global announced deals based on value (mergermarket)
- 12th for announced deals worldwide based on value (Thomson Reuters)
- 8th for announced U.S. deals based on value (mergermarket)
- 8th for U.S. announced deals based on value where the firm represented the target company (Thomson Reuters)
- 8th for U.S. announced deals based on value (Bloomberg)
- 9th for U.S. announced deals based on value (Thomson Reuters)
- 8th for India announced deals based on value (Thomson Reuters)
- 10th for India announced deals based on deal count (Bloomberg)
- 19th for Middle East & North African announced deals based on value (Thomson Reuters)
- 20th for Middle East & North African completed deals based on value (Thomson Reuters)
Included in these results, Greenberg Traurig advised parties on two of the top deals of the first quarter of 2011, representing ProLogis in its merger of equals with AMB Property Corporation and advising a financial advisor to Duke Energy in its acquisition of Progress Energy. Among other transactions, Greenberg Traurig also represented Terremark Worldwide in its $1.4 billion sale to Verizon Communications.
Greenberg Traurig was ranked for the first quarter of 2011 by Bloomberg Global Legal Advisory, Mergers & Acquisitions Rankings; mergermarket, League Tables of Legal Advisers to Global M&A; and Thomson Reuters, Mergers & Acquisitions Review. These league tables highlight the top law firms across a broad array of deal types, regions, and industry sectors.
Greenberg Traurig’s Global M&A Steering Committee is led by co-chairs David Schwartzbaum in the firm’s New York office and Paul Maher in the firm’s London office, Greenberg Traurig Maher. Comprised of more than 350 lawyers in more than 30 offices, Greenberg Traurig’s Corporate and Securities/M&A Practice provides advice and services to companies and entrepreneurs throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. Greenberg Traurig’s practice groups and attorneys have been recognized as No. 1 in their respective geographic regions by The National Law Journal, Chambers & Partners, Corporate Board Member magazine, Latin Lawyer magazine and numerous regional and local professional publications.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, full-service law firm with approximately 1800 attorneys serving clients from more than 30 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. In the U.S., the firm has more offices than any other among the Top 10 on The National Law Journal’s 2009 NLJ 250. In the U.K., the firm operates as Greenberg Traurig Maher LLP. For additional information, please visit http://www.gtlaw.com.