"CO-REC spent three months reviewing applications from EMR vendors and are impressed by Greenway's commitment to offer healthcare providers a strong solution to achieve meaningful use." Robyn Leone Director, CO-REC
Carrollton, GA (PRWEB) February 18, 2011
Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. today announced that the Colorado Regional Extension Center (CO-REC) has selected Greenway's single-database electronic medical record (EMR), practice management and interoperability solution PrimeSUITE® as a preferred EMR partner.
CO-REC is an initiative of seven organizations led by the Colorado Regional Health Information Organization (CORHIO). The CO-REC initiative goes beyond helping primary care providers implement certified EMR technology by providing in-depth guidance on how to maximize the benefits of electronic systems and improve the quality of patient care.
An initial target of 2,295 healthcare providers across Colorado will benefit from this REC effort, which is funded by a $12.5 million grant by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC).
"CO-REC and CORHIO spent three months reviewing applications from EMR vendors and are impressed by Greenway's commitment to offer healthcare providers a strong solution to achieve meaningful use through the deployment of Greenway’s PrimeSUITE EMR," said CO-REC Director Robyn Leone.
"We are gratified to assist Colorado providers as they work aggressively to implement electronic medical record solutions and achieve meaningful use," said Greenway® President and CEO Tee Green. "Greenway's reputation as a leader in healthcare technology and innovation is evident as PrimeSUITE is continually recognized by REC administering agencies across the country for PrimeSUITE's usability, interoperability platform and data exchange capabilities."
CO-REC is pursuing a comprehensive strategy to support practices and hospitals toward achieving meaningful use by providing services that help providers:
- Effectively select, implement and meaningfully use an EMR.
- Negotiate purchases of, and pricing for, EMRs including standard interfaces.
- Optimize practice workflow to ensure improvements in the quality of care.
- Protect the integrity, privacy and security of patients' health records.
A sampling of Regional Extension Centers also selecting PrimeSUITE include:
- Vermont Information Technology Leaders, Inc. (VITL) for its $6.7 million grant connecting 1,100 providers.
- Pennsylvania's two Regional Extension Centers, PA REACH East and PA REACH West for a combined $44 million grant targeting 8,700 providers.
- The Georgia Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (GA-HITREC) for its $19.5 million grant program targeting 5,200 providers.
- The Iowa Health Information Regional Extension Center (HITREC) for its $5.5 million grant targeting 1,200 area providers.
- The Massachusetts eHealth Institute for its $13.4 million grant program targeting 2,500 providers.
- The Alaska eHealth Network (AeHN) for its $3.6 million grant program targeting 1,000 providers in 260 practices.
- The New York City Regional Electronic Adoption Center for Health (NYC REACH) for its $21.7 million grant program.
- The New York eHealth Collaborative's (NYeC) $26.5 million REC grant program to implement EMRs within state borders outside of New York City's five boroughs.
Overall, the national HHS REC program has granted $677 million to establish 62 centers, linking group practices, critical access hospitals, community health centers and related healthcare organizations through sustainable two-year grants to deploy EMRs in those settings and to connect healthcare organizations and establish meaningful use functionality.
About Colorado Regional Extension Center (CO-REC) and Colorado Regional Health Information Organization (CORHIO):
As the state-designated entity for health information exchange, CORHIO collaborates with health care stakeholders including physicians, hospitals, clinics, public health organizations, long-term care providers, laboratories, health plans and patients to develop secure systems and processes for sharing clinical information. CO-REC, a CORHIO initiative with six other organizations, assists primary care providers to adopt, implement and becoming meaningful users of electronic health record systems. CORHIO is a not-for-profit organization supported by grants from The Colorado Health Foundation and from federal ARRA HITECH funds. For more information about CORHIO, please visit corhio.org.
About Greenway EMR:
Greenway Medical Technologies provides innovative EMR software, ambulatory healthcare and clinical research business solutions and services to more than 23,000 healthcare providers nationwide, in 31 specialties and subspecialties, by enhancing the delivery of patient care through advanced health IT software and on-demand services that allow physician practices to function at their highest level of efficiency in group practice, IDN, REC, HIE, IPA, Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) settings. Established in 1998, Carrollton, Ga.-based Greenway is a privately held company with more than 400 employees. For more information, visit greenwaymedical.com.
About PrimeSUITE 2011 Meaningful Use Certification:
PrimeSUITE® 2011 is an ONC-ATCB Complete EMR. The 2011/2012 criteria supports the Stage 1 meaningful use measures required to qualify eligible providers and hospitals for funding under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). This Complete EMR is 2011/2012 compliant and has been certified by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®), an ONC-ATCB, in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payments. PrimeSUITE 2011 was certified on October 14, 2010, certification number CC-1112-699072-1 for clinical quality measures NQF 0421, 0013, 0028, 0041, 0024, 0038, 0031, 0032 and 0034.
Review complete details of PrimeSUITE 2011's meaningful use certification on CCHIT and ONC websites: cchit.org/products/onc-atcb and onc-chpl.force.com/ehrcert. For more information about Greenway, visit greenwaymedical.com. You can also follow developments at Greenway through online and social media:
- Greenway EMR on Twitter: http://bit.ly/GreenwayTwitter
- #PrimeLdr10 Twitter feed archive: http://bit.ly/PrimeLdr10
- Greenway EMR on Facebook: http://bit.ly/GreenwayFacebook
- Greenway EMR on YouTube: http://bit.ly/GreenwayYouTube
- BlogEHR: http://bit.ly/BlogEHR
For more information, Contact:
Greg Fulton, Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc. (770) 262-2347, GregFulton(at)GreenwayMedical(dot)com