Miami, FL (PRWEB) November 17, 2010
Flixoft, the developers of the high-ranking Grocery Gadget® shopping list application for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch announce the release of a new application version: Grocery Gadget Shopping List is now available for Android mobile devices, and is available for download in the Android Market.
Android users expect the same suite of features that have made Grocery Gadget so popular in the iTunes App Store. Grocery Gadget features designed to help serious shoppers save time and money at home and at the grocery store include:
- Shopping List Sync: Grocery Gadget’s sync technology allows users to share lists across unlimited iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Android devices, and an online portal account located at GroceryGadgets.com. Any time a user updates their list, all list changes update across all Apple and Android devices within a group within a matter of seconds.
- Free Shopping List Portal: Shoppers can log into Grocery Gadget’s free online portal (GroceryGadgets.com) to quickly create grocery lists, match items to coupons, manage recipes, and import data from other sources. Create a “group” account to automatically sync lists between the portal account and unlimited mobile devices.
- Grocery eCoupons: On their device or in the online portal, shoppers can search for relevant eCoupon offers and add them to their supermarket club cards with a single click. Currently, there are 28 participating grocery chains, including Safeway and Kroger.
- Unlimited, Editable Grocery Lists: Grocery Gadget offers unlimited, editable shopping lists. With the “quantities” feature, shoppers can set an item quantity to “0” when it is not necessary to buy, and update the quantity to add an item to a shopping list. Shoppers never have to build a list over and over again.
- Free Cloud Backup: Shoppers can backup all their data in the cloud instantly and for free by creating a free group account. With a group account, shoppers never have to worry about loosing their list data.
- Photos: Users can take photos to accurately describe an item. All photos automatically sync across all household devices so the family shopper never buys the wrong item.
- Price Comparisons: Grocery Gadget identifies and compares item prices that a shopper inputs from one store list to the next. Best store prices appear in green, and the more expensive price appears in red.
- Import Recipe Ingredients: Users can access the recipe tab within the online portal to import ingredients into their shopping list. The portal can also be used to import ingredients from popular recipe software such as BigOven and HandyCookBook.
- Import Data from other apps: Shoppers can utilize the portal to import data from other applications including: CSV, GroceryIQ, Shopper, and Groceries. Additional integrations are currently under development.
Until now, Grocery Gadget has only been available for Apple devices. The Android version release solves a common problem for household members who have wanted to take advantage of the application’s sync feature across multiple device types. In coming months, users can expect the release of Grocery Gadget for additional mobile devices including Blackberry and Nokia. For more information on upcoming releases, please visit GroceryGadgets.com. For timely updates on recent Flixoft developments, follow company news on Twitter @GroceryGadget.
About the company:
Flixoft, Inc. is a U.S. developer of Internet cloud based smart phone solutions including the top-selling productivity application, Grocery Gadget®. Grocery Gadget offers a unique sync technology between multiple smart phones, and through its web-based portal integration platform. For additional information, please visit GroceryGadgets.com.
# # #