We’re making it as easy possible for Ning creators to migrate their Ning network to a Grouply group. Grouply has no intention of ever discontinuing our free offering, and also offers premium services similar to those offered by Ning.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (PRWEB) April 16, 2010
Grouply — the company that helps you create, manage, promote and monetize a social group — is offering a free alternative to Ning, which today announced it will no longer offer free social networks. A ‘social group’ on Grouply provides much of the same functionality as a Ning network, including a customizable community website, event management, discussion forums, an activity feed, and an app store with dozens of useful applications.
In addition, Grouply’s social groups provide benefits not found on Ning networks such as:
- Comprehensive email interface. All content can be both posted and received via email, providing a convenient option for group administrators.
- Group analytics. Gain useful insights into membership activities through charts and graphs that show the most active members, the most popular topics, and member participation over time.
- Advanced website privacy. Make some pages public, some viewable by visitors, and others for members only.
- Cross-group admin dashboard. Review and approve members and messages for all groups, in one place.
“We’re making it as easy possible for Ning creators to migrate their Ning network to a Grouply group. Ning network owners now can quickly import all of their network members into a new Grouply social group. We will shortly announce a more comprehensive ‘Ning to Grouply’ migration tool that will enable a Ning network owner to easily import other important content from their networks,” said Mark Robins, CEO and co-founder of Grouply. “Grouply has no intention of ever discontinuing our free offering, and also offers premium services similar to Ning’s should they make sense for your group.”
Grouply is perfect for small businesses, non-profits, associations, and clubs
With no programming required, anyone can use Grouply to:
- Provide their Group with a professional-looking website using pre-built themes that can be easily customized;
- Make a Group engaging with rich media, powerful applications, social activity feeds, and dynamic lists and charts;
- Save time managing the Group and gain useful insights into Group dynamics via analytics;
- Monetize groups by running ads and collecting membership fees, donations and event fees.
Where to find Grouply around the Web:
Grouply home page: grouply.com
Grouply blog: blog.grouply.com
Grouply YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/grouply
Grouply on Facebook: facebook.com/pages/Grouply/169373559827
Grouply on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/companies/grouply
Follow Grouply on Twitter: twitter.com/grouply -- @grouply
Grouply is pioneering the “social group” — a new type of online community that combines the best features of social networks and online groups. Social groups offer the social interactivity, media sharing, and modern design of social networking sites like Facebook; and the rich discussions, popular email interface, and people-discovery opportunities found in traditional online group systems like Yahoo! Groups. With Grouply, you can create a new social group about anything you like or join a social group and connect with others who share your interests and passions. Existing Google and Yahoo! Groups get an “extreme makeover” on Grouply; each gets a modern, professional, fully customizable website that automatically interoperates with Google and Yahoo! Groups. Grouply was founded in 2006 and is funded by O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, SoftTech VC, and other prominent angel investors, including Reid Hoffman. http://www.grouply.com @grouply
# # #