London (PRWEB UK) 23 June 2013
Sasol North America are issuing contracts to build a $16–$21 billion GTL plant in Louisiana with initial output on completion of the first phase would be 48,000 barrels per day of diesel fuel. Interestingly, there is also an effort underway to build mini-GTL plants requiring a fraction of the investment with companies such as Velocys and CompactGTL pursuing this opportunity. The motivation behind mini-GTL plants is that they enhance GTL progress in other countries where many natural gas sources around the world are too small to support larger facilities.
Against this backdrop, SMi's 16th Gas to Liquids conference will address these latest developments and much more, playing host to the world’s foremost authorities on GTL including Sasol North America, Chevron Nigeria, Shell, BP and Exxon Mobil. The three day meeting will provide the ideal platform for discussion and debate over current and emerging GTL projects, developments within the industry, technology sessions and interactive panel debates. This year's Gas to Liquids will build upon the 2012 event with industry leaders discussing the latest hot topics including: shale gas reserves reshaping and providing opportunities for the GTL market, new technologies being proven at scale like the Fischer-Tropsch process and new projects from an array of GTL giants.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Mark Schnell, General Manager, Marketing, Strategy and New Business Development, Sasol North America
- Mick Kraly, Project Director, EGTL, Chevron Nigeria
- James Vaughan, General Director, OLTIN YO’L GTL
- Onnon van Kessel, Senior Business Development Manager Gas to Liquids & Gas to Chemicals, Shell International Exploration and Production
- Mitch Hindman, Licensing Manager, Exxon Mobil
- Robin Holford, Conversion Technology, BP
- Jeff McDaniel, Commercial Director, Velocys
- Shravan Joshi, Business Development Director, CompactGTL
- Sébastien Boucher, XtL Technology Manager, Axens
To view the full speaker line-up and completed conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2013gtl24.asp.
New for 2013:
SMi Group invite all workshop and conference delegates, speakers and sponsors to join them for a networking welcome drinks reception at 5.30 p.m. on 29th October 2013.
Evening Reception and Dinner
SMi Group invites you to join them for a post conference dinner reception following the end of the first day. Dinner will be held at Bombay Brasserie where you will have the extended opportunity to network with industry professionals. Leave GTL 2013 having forged new working relationships while strengthening current ones.