"Economics Meeting Ecology"
Billerica, MA (PRWEB) April 08, 2013
GXT Green is pleased to announce that they have been selected as a finalist for the SBANE 2013 New England Innovation Award. The New England Innovation Award recognizes technology-driven enterprises who are potentially “game changers” in their marketplaces. GXT Green was selected as one of the 20 finalists from a field of 204 innovative organizations competing for this honor.
At the award judging event, GXT Green highlighted its ECOgrade™ Photodegradable Shopping Bags as the key product to showcase its innovative approach to having economics meet ecology. ECOgrade is an example of GXT Green's innovative breakthrough sustainable products and services that cost effectively solve everyday concerns of corporations, communities, and governments. ECOgrade bags are the safe, convenient, competitively priced, sustainable solution to plastic bag pollution and greenhouse gas reduction. They address the needs of retailers and consumers with an environmentally and economically viable alternative to bans on plastic bag use.
ECOgrade bags offer the following benefits:
- If littered or lost, they degrade completely within 240 days of exposure to sunlight
- Are approved for recycling
- Leave no toxic waste residue
- Use 15% less energy in manufacturing bags
- Produce 1/3 less Greenhouse gas
- Use nearly 50% less plastic resin
- And very importantly - cost about the same as regular plastic bags.
ECOgrade bags have received a tremendous reception from retailers, as well as interest from government and environmental groups. Nine major retailers have initiated orders to field test the bags in their stores. In 2012 they were the winner of the MassTLC "Consumer Product of the Year" Award.
Manas Chatterjee, CEO of GXT Green commented "We are excited to be recognized by SBANE and the business community for innovation and our advances in technology to replace plastic bags. This nomination further validates the success we are having in demonstrating our product to retailers and consumers".
About the New England Innovation Awards:
The Smaller Business Association of New England (SBANE) has been the sponsor of the New England Innovation Awards since its inception in 1986. Former winners come from varying fields such as technology, manufacturing, service (both for profit and not for profit), and retail / distribution. Innovation is at the heart of economic prosperity and SBANE continues to recognize those companies and organizations that have transformed their innovative ideas into a product or service that delivers proven value to customers. Winners include notable companies such as Staples, PictureTel, Ben & Jerry’s, Brooks Automation, Direct Tire, Genzyme, Nantucket Nectars, Imagitas!, Aurora Imaging Technology, and iRobot.
Winners and Finalists of this prestigious award will be honored at the “Evening of Innovation” Gala Dinner on May 8, 2013 at the Westin Hotel, Waltham MA.
About GXT Green:
GXT Green, “where Economics Meets Ecology” is a leader in creating and leveraging strategies, services, and products that help the corporate community meet their economic and social sustainability needs.
GXT Green supports clients in three areas:
- Drive improved profitability and sustainability through innovative products that address urgent environmental concerns such as plastic bags and Styrofoam packaging pollution. Products include ECOgrade™ photo-degradable bags; the underlying ECOgrade resin additive which can be used as a cost effective and sustainable plastic resin alternative; and the ECO-R3SP zero-waste packing solution.
- Design and execute green marketing strategies to enhance corporate brands. Outstanding sustainability accomplishments are recognized as a public service through the GXT Green Seal Certification Program.
- Complete the zero carbon footprint equation by developing and offering carbon offset credits derived from the highest quality carbon projects around the world. GXT Green is involved in development of REDD+ carbon offset forestry projects in several countries.
GXT Green is a division of Global Exchange Technologies, Inc.http://www.GxtGreen.com.
The Smaller Business Association of New England, Inc. (SBANE), founded in 1938, is a private not-for-profit association of approximately 600 member companies located throughout the six-state region. SBANE was established to provide a legislative voice for small business at the state and federal levels and to make practical information available to help business owners grow their companies. SBANE runs diverse, educational programs each year and has active chapters in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The membership is characterized by a high degree of participation, reflected in a large and dynamic committee structure, addressing a range of topics from international trade to human resources.
Visit SBANE at http://www.SBANE.org