For 30 years, the core of Full Sail's success has always been centered around our students and their achievements as graduates
Winter Park, FL (PRWEB) February 17, 2009
Full Sail University (http://www.fullsail.edu) announced today their plans to unveil the Full Sail University Hall of Fame, with an inaugural induction ceremony that will occur on April 20, 2009.
The Hall of Fame will recognize the extraordinary accomplishments of Full Sail graduates throughout its 30-year history, with plans to honor new classes of inductees in the future. The Hall of Fame, which will be located at the center of Full Sail's 190-acre campus, will feature a 60-foot mixed media wall featuring video, sound, pictures, and industry credits of chosen graduates. In addition, the site will include artifacts and memorabilia of Hall of Fame inductees.
This year, the inaugural six inductees have been unanimously selected by a Full Sail committee based on the individual's commitment to their profession and career in the industry for more than a decade, as well as the model they have set for the Full Sail community at large.
The 2009 Full Sail University Hall of Fame inductees are:
- Current Title: Producer/Engineer and four-time GRAMMY® Award Winner/seven time Latin GRAMMY® Award Winner
- Past Credits Include: Shakira, Gloria Estefan, Carlos Vives, Jennifer Lopez, Luis Fonsi, and honored as the 2007 Latin GRAMMY® Producer of the Year.
- 1991 Graduate (Recording Arts)
- Current Title: Development Director, Double Helix Games of Foundation 9 Entertainment
- Past Credits Include: Video Game releases: Silent Hill Homecoming, The DaVinci Code, and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Digital Visual Effects for blockbuster films: Clear and Present Danger, Independence Day, Legend of Bagger Vance and Forces of Nature.
- 1993 Graduate (Film)
- Current Title: Sound Re-Recording Mixer and two-time OSCAR® Nominee for Best Achievement in Sound
- Past Credits Include: The Dark Knight, Horton Hears a Who, Batman Begins, The Incredibles, The Prestige, Fahrenheit 9/11
- 1993 Graduate (Recording Arts)
- Current Title: Motion Control Camera Operator
- Past Credits Include: Coraline, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I Robot, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, The Matrix ReLoaded, The Matrix Revolutions, Apollo 13, Interview with the Vampire
- 1992 Graduate (Film)
- Current Title: Mix Engineer and three-time GRAMMY® Award Winner
- Past Credits Include: Ludacris, Mariah Carey, Jay-Z, Janet Jackson, Usher, Jennifer Hudson, Anthony Hamilton, Fergie, and Producer Jermaine Dupri
- 1990 Graduate (Recording Arts)
- Current Title: Creative Director / Principal (Royale)
- Past Clients/Projects Include: Apple "Nano," Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Diesel, VH1, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Nickelodeon, Jet Blue, McDonald's, Kodak
- 1999 Graduate (Recording Arts/Film/Digital Arts)
Additional special achievement honorees to be announced along with a complete schedule of events surrounding the Hall of Fame celebration.
"For 30 years, the core of Full Sail's success has always been centered around our students and their achievements as graduates," said Garry Jones, President of Full Sail University. "The unveiling of our Hall of Fame represents decades of outstanding creative and technical contributions by our alumni to thousands of entertainment industry projects. The innovation, motivation, and determination they have exhibited is truly inspiring. Through the Full Sail University Hall of Fame, we honor these extraordinary graduates that have paved the way for many more to follow in their footsteps."
About Full Sail University:
Since 1979, Full Sail University, located outside of Orlando, FL, has been an innovative educational leader for those pursuing careers in the entertainment industry. With over 31,000 alumni, graduate credits include work on OSCAR®, Emmy® and GRAMMY®-winning projects, best-selling video games, and the #1 grossing U.S. concert tours. Full Sail's 190-acre campus and online education platform proudly welcomes over 6,500 students from 50 states and 65 countries.
Full Sail currently offers a total of seventeen degree programs including: Associate of Science Degrees offered in Graphic Design, Recording Arts and Show Production & Touring; Bachelor of Science Degrees offered in Computer Animation, Digital Arts & Design, Entertainment Business (online and on-campus), Film, Game Art, Game Development, Internet Marketing (online), Music Business and Web Design & Development; and Master of Science Degrees in Education Media Design & Technology (online), Game Design, Entertainment Business (online and on-campus) and Internet Marketing (online); and a Master of Fine Art in Media Design (online).
Full Sail was most recently named the 2008 "School/College of the Year" by the Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges. The university has also been previously named: The Harvard of Game Schools by Tips & Tricks Magazine; one of the top three New Media Schools by Shift Magazine (alongside the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and New York University); one of the Top Five Game Degree Programs in the world by Electronic Gaming Monthly; one of the Best Music Programs in the country by Rolling Stone Magazine; one of the Best Music Business Departments in the Schools That Rock: The Rolling Stone College Guide; and one of the Best Film Programs in the country by UNleashed Magazine.
For more information about Full Sail, please visit http://www.fullsail.edu.