Halloween decorations are going far beyond the usual this year as haunted houses give way to haunted landscapes
Naperville, IL (PRWEB) October 9, 2006
Naperville, IL, October 9, 2006 – This season, do not just simply decorate the frighteningly familiar haunted house, says Factor Card & Party Outlet, the leading party supplies retailer. This Halloween, the most innovative Halloween decorators are increasingly throwing open those creaky doors and spreading the spooky feeling outdoors as well, across lawns, bushes and yards, with innovative decorating ideas.
"Halloween decorations are going far beyond the usual this year as haunted houses give way to haunted landscapes," says Sean Wheatley, of Factory Card & Party Outlet. "Increasingly, Halloween decorators are greeting their Halloween party guests or unsuspecting passers-by with frightening creative yard decorations."
From new Halloween decoration ideas, to creepy tombstones and garrulous gargoyles, Factory Card & Party Outlet offers these Halloween decorating tips to make your holiday frightfully fun:
- Create a ghostly graveyard complete with tombstones, ghouls and creepy creatures. Place several tombstones throughout your front yard. Zombies and mummies will rise from the dead with ghoulish Ground Breakers placed near tombstones. Don’t forget to add a severed hand, bones and skulls for a truly terrifying look.
- Inflatable yard Halloween Decorations are a convenient, yet spooky, way to add the Halloween feeling to your front yard. Extra large spiders, graveyards and gargoyles are sure to frighten those who dare to pass by.
- Decorate your trees and bushes to surprise and scare. Place hanging skeletons and spooky figures in trees. Motion activated flying ghosts will create a spooky surprise. Stretch spider webs through branches and bushes to "catch" everyone’s attention.
- Ghoulish figures placed throughout the house or party room are sure to make guests gasp. Sound and motion activated ghosts and ghouls will make guests jump. Hang these creatures from ceilings to swoop down on unsuspecting guests. Stretch white spider web in corners and on furniture and ceilings and don’t forget to add the spiders! Extra large 12’ fabric web provides double the scares!
- Greet guests with spooky Halloween door and window decorations. If your frightened guests actually dare to make it through your yard, door greeters and doorway curtains create an eerie feel as soon as your guests arrive. Skull, cat and jack ‘o lantern window posters fit in your window and give off an eerie glow when illuminated with interior lighting. Drips of Blood decorations hang in windows to create the frightening illusion of dripping blood. Don’t forget to add light strands and pre-lit decorations in creepy Halloween figures like skulls bats, pumpkins and spooky eyes.
- Scary Scene Setters cover your room with Halloween horror. Giant room decorations cover entire walls. Extra large posters stand over 5 ft. high. Create an entire ghostly scene in one simple step. Scene setters will create the illusion of graveyards, haunted houses, catacombs and more.
- Spooky Halloween sounds and special effects create the ultimate creepy atmosphere. Add eerie Halloween sounds and sights with spooky sound effects CDs and DVDs. Place Halloween black lights and strobe lights throughout the room to add a mysterious glow. A fog machine will create a haunting fog that keeps guests wondering what lurks beneath.
"Factory Card has a full range of indoor and outdoor Halloween decorations," adds Sean Wheatley. We hope everyone has a ghoulishly good time this holiday."
Factory Card & Party Outlet products can be purchased at FactoryCard.com.
About Factory Card & Party Outlet
Factory Card & Party Outlet (NASDAQ:FCPO) based in Naperville, Illinois, is the largest publicly traded retail party chain in the United States. Factory Card & Party Outlet currently operates 192 Company-owned retail stores in 20 states, offering a wide selection of party supplies, greeting cards, gift wrap, balloons, everyday and seasonal merchandise, and other special occasion merchandise at everyday value prices.