SENSO-CASE plastic enclosures have proved to be a real boon to designers of process automation and robotics equipment in particular.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) May 30, 2012
Process automation and robotics are driving the growing demand for OKW’s SENSO-CASE hand held enclosures.
OKW is also benefiting from strong demand for its instrument enclosures in the medical and wellness technology sector, principally for laboratory, opto-electronics, opto-digital and communications equipment.
SENSO-CASE’s ergonomic shape and optional trigger switch make it perfect for robot and machine control technology.
This futuristic housing is also finding favor with manufacturers of stock and sales logging equipment.
The integrated push button switch – in the natural trigger position on the underside of the case – ensures logical and fatigue-free operation of the unit for activation and logging functions.
SENSO-CASE ABS enclosures have an ergonomic hand grip profile with a large head section and are molded in Off-white or Lava Gray ABS (UL 94 HB). The external dimensions are 7.09” x 3.39” x 1.77”.
The design consists of four parts: top, base, battery compartment lid and end panel.
Screw pillars are provided inside for mounting PCBs, keypads and cable clamps. The new models are supplied with a single pole push button switch (max. 28V/100mA), assembly elements for the switch and an orange rubber button cover molded in soft TPE.
SENSO-CASE electronic enclosures permit both right- and left-handed operation and can be used as mobile units with battery power or connected via a cable. The battery compartment will accept two 1.5V AA cells or one 9V cell.
Optional cable glands replace the standard end panel and – along with a cable clamp – can be used for fitting the control cable.
The head section has a recessed area in the top for fitting membrane keypads, LCD modules, rubber keypads or push buttons. The large front face can be used for mounting sensors or scanners. Prices for SENSO-CASE start at $26.
OKW can supply SENSO-CASE plastic enclosures with additional holes for push buttons, connectors and displays, plus silk-screen printed legends and logos and RFI/EMI shielding.
OKW offers a huge range of custom enclosures options, giving designers greater and more cost effective access to highly bespoke housings.
OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, said: “SENSO-CASE plastic electronic enclosures have proved to be a real boon to designers of process automation and robotics equipment in particular.
“Adding the trigger as an option increased its existing popularity still further. I have no doubt that SENSO-CASE will continue to play an important role in our wide range of hand held enclosures.”
Features of OKW SENSO-CASE PCB enclosures:
- Ideal for single-handed operation of controls, both right- and left-handed
- Ideally balanced in the hand for maximum user comfort
- Standard models with integrated push button in the trigger position on the underside
- Recessed control panel for membrane keypads, silicon keyboards, push buttons and LCDs
- Large front face for mounting sensors
- Screw pillars in top part, adapted in height for current display modules, for direct mounting of the PCB and push buttons
- Four-part design – top, base, battery compartment cover and removable end panel
- Battery compartment for 2 x 1.5V AA cells or one 9V cell
- Accessory cable glands, for power and data cable connection, replace the standard end panel
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB)
- Protection Class – IP41
- Standard Colors – Off-white (RAL 9002) and Lava Gray (NCS S 7502-B)
- Accessories – cable glands, battery cradle 2 x AA, 9V battery lead, PCB screws, wall holder.
SENSO-CASE is one of 14 ranges of hand held enclosures designed and manufactured by OKW.
Other ranges include:
- ERGO-CASE enclosures that can be worn on the wrist or belt for high mobility data logging and transmission.
- MINITEC small enclosures for remote control, detection and personal protection technology. They can be carried in the hand, worn on a neck lanyard or attached to a key ring.
- SMART-CASE for remote controls. These highly ergonomic enclosures can be modified with a wide range of accessories including desk docks, battery contacts, sealing kits, clamps, belt clips and even hospital bed clamps.
- DATEC-CONTROL which can house membrane keypads and LCD screens – perfect for mobile data collection and transmission, particularly in the medical and wellness sectors.
For more information about hand held enclosures, view the OKW website or contact OKW Enclosures, Inc, Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.
Notes for Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES, INC.
Abele Business Park
3000 Old Pond Road
Tel. 800 965 9872
Tel. 412 220 9244
Fax. 412 220 9247