SENSO-CASE industrial plastic enclosures have proven to be a real boon to designers of process automation and robotics equipment in particular.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 14 December 2011
Process automation and robotics are driving the growing demand for OKW’s SENSO-CASE hand held enclosures.
OKW is also benefiting from strong demand for its instrument enclosures in the medical and wellness technology sector, principally for laboratory, opto-electronics, opto-digital and communications equipment.
SENSO-CASE’s ergonomic shape and optional trigger switch make it perfect for robot and machine control technology.
This futuristic housing is also finding favour with manufacturers of stock and sales logging equipment.
The integrated push button switch – in the natural trigger position on the underside of the case – ensures logical and fatigue-free operation of the unit for activation and logging functions.
SENSO-CASE ABS enclosures have an ergonomic hand grip profile with a large head section and are moulded in off-white or lava grey ABS (UL 94 HB). The external dimensions are 180 mm x 86 mm x 45 mm.
The design consists of four parts: top, base, battery compartment lid and end panel.
Screw pillars are provided inside for mounting PCBs, keypads and cable clamps. The new models are supplied with a single pole push button switch (max. 28V/100mA), assembly elements for the switch and an orange rubber button cover moulded in soft TPE.
SENSO-CASE electronic enclosures permit both right- and left-handed operation and can be used as mobile units with battery power or connected via a cable. The battery compartment will accept two 1.5V AA or one 9V cell.
Optional cable glands replace the standard end panel and – along with a cable clamp – can be used for fitting the control cable.
The head section has a recessed area in the top for fitting membrane keypads, LCD modules, rubber keypads or push buttons. The large front face can be used for mounting sensors or scanners. Prices for the new models start at £18.
OKW can supply SENSO-CASE plastic enclosures with additional holes for the push buttons, connectors and displays, plus silk-screen printed legends and logos and EMC shielding.
OKW offers a huge range of custom enclosures options, giving designers greater and more cost effective access to highly bespoke housings.
Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “SENSO-CASE industrial plastic enclosures have proven to be a real boon to designers of process automation and robotics equipment in particular.
“Adding the trigger as an option increased its existing popularity still further. I have no doubt that SENSO-CASE will continue to play an important role in our wide range of hand held enclosures.”
Features of OKW SENSO-CASE PCB enclosures:
- Ideal for single-handed operation of controls, both right and left handed
- Ideally balanced in the hand for maximum user comfort
- Standard models with integrated push button in the trigger position on the underside
- Recessed control panel for membrane keypads, silicon keyboards, push buttons and LCDs
- Large front face for mounting sensors
- Screw pillars in top part, adapted in height for current display modules, for direct mounting of the PCB and push buttons
- Four-part design – top, base, battery compartment cover and removable end panel
- Battery compartment for 2 x AA or 9V cell
- Accessory cable glands, for power and data cable connection, replace the standard end panel
- Materials – ABS (UL 94 HB)
- Protection Class – IP41
- Standard Colours – Off-white (RAL 9002) and Lava Grey (NCS S 7502-B)
- Accessories – cable glands, battery cradle 2 x AA, 9V battery lead, PCB screws, wall holder.
SENSO-CASE is one of 13 ranges of hand held enclosures designed and manufactured by OKW.
Other ranges include:
- ERGO-CASE enclosures that can be worn on the wrist or belt for high mobility data logging and transmission.
- MINITEC small enclosures for remote control, detection and personal protection technology. They can be carried in the hand, worn on a neck lanyard or attached to a key ring.
- SMART-CASE for remote controls. These highly ergonomic enclosures can be modified with a wide range of accessories including desk docks, battery contacts, sealing kits, clamps, belt clips and even hospital bed clamps.
- DATEC-CONTROL which can house membrane keypads and LCD screens, perfect for mobile data collection and transmission, particularly in the medical and wellness sectors.
For more information about hand held enclosures, view OKW’s website or contact Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox, +44 (0)1489 583858.
Notes For Editors
OKW ENCLOSURES LTD
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836