Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) July 20, 2009
The entire month of August is Happiness Happens Month. Katrina E. Thomas, founder of LuvIsTheAnswer, shares 9 creative and practical ways to feel happier.
Says Katrina, "Happiness is a choice and you deserve it just as much as anyone else. Balance and luv are the keys to unlocking your happiness. That's why I made this tip sheet with simple steps that anyone can put into play for more happiness."
1. Go ahead and see if the grass is greener on the other side. After all variety is the spice of life. And how will you know for sure if you don't check it out? Try the new job, the new place etc. Just be careful not to burn any bridges, you might decide you want to go back.
2. Run away from your problems. Sometimes this is the healthiest thing you can do for yourself. Maybe you need to get away from certain situations and/or people. Facing your problems is all well and good if you can figure out a solution - only you know the answer to this. Just remember to listen to your head as well as your heart.
3. Dance to the beat of a different drum and listen to the voices in your head. Happy upbeat lyrics and music can drastically change your mood. Even humming, singing, or playing the song(s) in your head.
4. Turn ON the TV! That's right, I said it. But be selective in what you watch. Put in a happy movie or watch a funny show or comedy, anything to give you an instant jolt of happiness when you need it.
5. Have your cake and eat it, too. After all isn't that what cake is for… eating? This would fall in the realm of balance. Balance all the good things and you will be able to have it all. And why not? You are worth it!
6. Be as busy as a bee. Well, of course you will want some down time and some alone time, but keeping busy, especially if we are helping others who really need it, can make us drastically happier.
7. Don't be afraid to be wishy-washy. Sometimes you need to say no and sometimes you need to say yes. And even after you have said yes or no, you still have the right to do what is best for you in the long run, even if it means changing your no to a yes or vice versa.
8. Be a spin-doctor for your life. From now on only focus on and talk about the good things that happened, will eventually happen, and are happening right now in your life.
9. While you're at it, be a spin-doctor for others. Say all the good you know of everyone. Don't worry about becoming too popular because of this, you can always shut off your phone and get away from it all when you need to :)
Katrina owns and runs LuvIsTheAnswer.org, a site dedicated to peace, love, and joy (with a heavy focus on happiness), which is a self-help and entertainment site featuring articles about love, happiness/joy, and peace. Want more tips on getting more happiness in your life? Simply visit http://www.LuvIsTheAnswer.org/joy.html.
# # #