We want to help everyone keep their hardwood floors long-lasting and looking great
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) February 03, 2012
San Jose hardwood flooring company, Floor Coverings International, North America’s leading in-home design floor coverings brand, offers the public tips on properly caring for hardwood flooring.
“We want to help everyone keep their hardwood floors long-lasting and looking great,” Michael Pinnock of Floor Coverings International said.
Floor Coverings International encourages hardwood floor owners to consider the following care tips:
1) Regular care and maintenance are keys to keeping hardwood floors looking splendid for longer.
2) Vacuuming and sweeping should be done habitually to rid the floor of dirt and grime that could scratch the surface.
3) The floor must be wiped with a microfiber mop or a specially made hardwood cleaner, instead of using steam cleaners or floor scrubbing machines. Too much moisture, or ordinary household soaps and detergents, can be harmful to the hardwood.
Preventive measures must also be taken to ensure the longevity of hardwood flooring:
1) Placing exterior and interior walk-off mats at all entrances will help lessen the dirt that enters the house and gets on the floor. Floor Coverings International has likewise found that clients who implemented a “No Shoes” rule at home have experienced longer life spans for their hardwood.
2) Felt protectors under chairs and heavy furniture will protect the floor from scrapings, as well as keeping pets’ nails trimmed and paws clean.
3) Spills must be promptly removed with hardwood floor cleaner and a clean cloth to avoid staining. Since direct sunlight also contributes to discoloration, closing drapes or blinds could help protect the hardwood hue.
Floorings are essential in the interior design of any home, and Palo Alto tile flooring company, Floor Coverings International always seeks to inspire its customers and keep them satisfied with their flooring designs.
For more questions about caring for hardwoods, or any of Floor Coverings International’s products or services, call 650-319-8035, view the company on the web at http://www.fci4floors.com or visit 650 - 114 Nuttman St. in Santa Clara.
About Floor Coverings International
Floor Coverings International serves the San Jose and Palo Alto areas. It features stone and tile flooring, laminate flooring, vinyl flooring, bamboo flooring, and specialty flooring. Floor Coverings International also offers eco-friendly flooring options. It likewise provides a large selection of designs and start-to-finish services, from consultation to installation.