People really like these animal traps and use them again and again to reduce the squirrel populations in their yards.
Lititz, PA (Vocus) October 27, 2008
Small animals, like squirrels, rabbits, and skunks, have created big problems for homeowners. From ruined flowerbeds to ravaged gardens to raided birdfeeders, consumers are fed up and frustrated with these furry bandits.
In an effort to solve this critter dilemma, PA-based Woodstream Corporation now offers the Havahart® Easy Set Live Squirrel Trap especially sized to trap squirrels, rabbits, and skunks.
Designed for first time trappers or those who wish to minimize any interaction with the trapped animal, the Havahart® Easy Set Live Squirrel Trap lives up to its name – easy to set and easy to release! The set-and-release mechanism is controlled at the top of the cage. This innovative design limits interaction with the trapped animal and provides an added measure of security during use.
"The Havahart® Easy Set Live Squirrel Trap is designed to simplify the trapping process, and to eliminate consumer anxiety associated with handling trapped animals," said Karolyn Warfel, Category Development Manager at Woodstream Corporation. "People really like these animal traps and use them again and again to reduce the squirrel populations in their yards."
When using any animal trap, Havahart® recommends that consumers follow these tips:
- Contact the Humane Society, or the local or state game commission to determine the lawful method of releasing a captured wild or nuisance animal. Many species are protected by law in various states.
- To begin, place the trap on a level surface where animals have been observed. When using a brand new trap, Havahart® recommends camouflaging it by covering it with twigs and leaves.
- To bait the trap, consider the animal you’re trapping and consult the package or our web site for recommended baits.
- Create a path with the bait from the outside of the trap to the back. Do not place bait only on the trigger pan because the animal can eat the bait and exit the trap without setting it off.
- Check the trap OFTEN, especially in excessive hot or cold weather.
- Once you’ve caught an animal, try to calm it by covering the trap and limiting human contact. Never leave children unattended near a captured animal.
Havahart® has been trusted by consumers for over 60 years and is a division of the Woodstream Corporation located in Lititz, Pennsylvania.
For more information, please visit:
A leader in the caring wild animal and pet control categories, Havahart® is committed to caring control for pets and wildlife. In addition to live animal traps, Havahart® offers innovative solutions to safely repel nuisance animals. No competitor provides the marketplace with as many patented products in this category.
About Woodstream Corporation:
Woodstream Corporation is a long-standing, privately held company and a leading manufacturer and marketer of quality-branded rodent control products, caring control products for pets and wildlife, natural solutions for lawn & garden care and wild bird feed products.