WellCard Health is a leading provider of empowering health and wellness solutions, giving members access to pre-negotiated discounts on prescription drugs and a wide range of health care services.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) February 18, 2014
The Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) provides health insurance for all, regardless of income and preexisting conditions. However, the negatives may outweigh the positives for many.
Premiums range $200 to more than $1,000 per month, with deductibles from $2,000 to $6,000 or higher. Many life saving prescriptions are not covered. Many plans only provide dental and vision coverage for dependents younger than 20 years old.
A healthy millennial may find health insurance premiums at $70 to $100, with a deductible of $5,000 or more. For a healthy 20-something, paying the penalty for not enrolling in health insurance and for health services may make economic sense.
The solution is the Wellness Advantage, powered by WellCard Health.
- This is not health insurance; it is a discount health card
- The card has no fees, is free to employers and members, and can be used by the entire family.
- The card provides discounts of up to 50% for doctor visits, dental, vision and hearing care, prescription drugs, laboratory tests, MRI and imaging, and surgical centers.
- Subscribers receive 24/7 doctor service, assistance with reducing medical bills, and discounts on vitamins and daily living products.
- Over 410,000 physicians; 45,000 ancillary providers; 59,000 pharmacies, including CVS, Walgreens, Duane Reade; 11,000 vision care centers, including Pearle Vision, LensCrafters, Sears Vision and JC Penney Optical; 3,500 MRI, CT and PET scan centers; and 1,500 Beltone locations accept the Wellness Advantage card, powered by WellCard Health.
- Savings of up to 50% on generic drugs, including pharmaceuticals not included in other plans.
- Employers can request cards to give to employees.
- Once enrolled, members can use a powerful search engine to locate medical, dental and vision providers in their area.
- For more information, or to request Wellness Advantage.
“I am honored to represent and provide this incredible discount health care card to those who follow my research. The card is available to anyone who attends my lectures or registers through my website. It is my way of saying thanks to all of you for supporting me in my career,” stated Peter Greenlaw.
About Peter Greenlaw
Peter Greenlaw, lecturer and author on wellness and nutrition, is the spokesperson for the Wellness Advantage, powered by WellCard Health. He is the co-author of three books including the TDOS Syndrome™ (toxicity, deficiency of nutrition, overweight and stress), and co-hosts “The New Health Conversation” on Colorado PBS.
About WellCard Health™ is a leading provider of empowering health and wellness solutions, giving members access to pre-negotiated discounts on prescription drugs and a wide range of health care services.