This launch is the latest step toward our goal of creating the largest, most popular online health destination for women
MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (PRWEB) December 8, 2008
Already a leader in providing practical, female-friendly content on diet and fitness, weight loss, anti-aging, relationships, family health and other topics, the new LifeScript makes it faster and easier for women to find, share and use that information in their daily lives.
"This launch is the latest step toward our goal of creating the largest, most popular online health destination for women," says LifeScript CEO Ron Caporale of the top-10 ranked website.
"As one of the few remaining independent, online health publishers, LifeScript has distinguished itself from gender-neutral health sites by embracing its natural core audience," Caporale says. "We've built a unique online resource for women – and state-of-the-art platform for advertisers who want to reach them."
With a hip new design, intuitive channels, interactive tools and 40,000 pages of engaging content, LifeScript now provides the online health experience women want and need.
"We've rebuilt the site from the ground up – expressly for women," says LifeScript VP/Editor-in-Chief Laurie Berger. "Our team has a polished finger on the female pulse – what women are talking about, and what health issues keep us up at 2 a.m."
New site features include:
1. Daily Fix: Start the day with news you can use – the latest health alerts, diet advice, inspirational tips, weather, horoscopes and more (http://www.lifescript.com).
2. Smart Health Search: Get quick (and relevant!) results on everything from HPV to haircare using our intelligent search engine (http://www.lifescript.com/health.aspx).
3. Women's Health Centers and Condition Index: Worried about an itch down there? Get the 411 on top female conditions in our 13 women's health centers (http://www.lifescript.com/Health/Health-Centers.aspx). Look up thousands of women's conditions, treatments, natural remedies and drug interactions with our easy-to-use encyclopedia (http://www.lifescript.com/Health/A-Z/Conditions_A-Z.aspx).
4. Expert Advice: Learn how to keep a food diary or zap a zit. Browse 5,000 original articles, Q&As, how-tos and tips, written and produced exclusively for women by leading physicians, experts and LifeScript editors (http://www.lifescript.com/experts.aspx).
5. Healthy Recipes. Diet die-hards won't go hungry with more than 3,000 healthy and easy-to-make dishes from our award-winning partners Eating Well and Food Fit (http://www.lifescript.com/Body/Food.aspx).
6. Self-Help Quizzes and Tools: Watch a breast cancer video, see a food slideshow, calculate body fat, or test your health, heart or libido with one of our 500 healthy quizzes (http://www.lifescript.com/quizzes.aspx).
7. Healthy Community: Take a poll, rate a recipe, ask an expert, tell your story, comment on an article, or share your favorite LifeScript web pages using our new social networking tools (http://www.lifescript.com/connect.aspx).
The new LifeScript offers opportunities for marketers as well. "Our sizable newsletter subscriber database allows us to drive significant traffic into custom content areas that are beneficial for advertisers," says Brian Hogan, LifeScript Senior VP of Business Development.
Year to date, the site has attracted more than 4 million unique visitors a month, an increase of 49% over the previous 12 months. Subscriptions to the company's 6 daily e-newsletters grew to 13 million during the same period, an increase of more than 98% since 2007.
With a record 180% annual growth rate, LifeScript now ranks #10 among commercial health sites (comScore Media Metrix) and #2 most popular on the Hitwise index. In 2008, LifeScript was named one of the fastest-growing companies in America by Inc. magazine (Inc. 5000) and the Orange County Business Journal.
LifeScript is the fastest-growing online publisher and #1 website dedicated to women's health. The company provides practical, female-friendly content on diet and fitness, weight loss, anti-aging, relationships, family health and other topics. Through its newly redesigned portal (http://www.lifescript.com), LifeScript makes it faster and easier for women to find, share and use that information in their daily lives. It also provides a platform for advertisers to reach the Internet's most active health decision-makers. LifeScript now ranks #10 in commercial health sites (comScore) and #2 most popular on the Hitwise index. The company has grown nearly 200% annually, attracting more than 4 million unique monthly site visitors and 13 million subscribers to its 6 daily e-newsletters. In 2008, LifeScript was named one of the fastest-growing U.S. companies by Inc. magazine (Inc. 5000) and the Orange County Business Journal. Founded in 1999, LifeScript also packages and sells customized vitamin plans, soy shakes and a natural skincare line. The company has 56 employees and is headquartered in Mission Viejo, California, with additional offices in New York City and Beverly Hills. For more information, please visit http://www.LifeScript.com.