Dallas (Vocus) October 1, 2008
Broadlane is pleased to recognize the Association for Healthcare Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM) National Healthcare Resource and Materials Management Week October 5-11. This week is dedicated to acknowledging and celebrating resource and materials management professionals for their outstanding contributions to healthcare and the overall success of the healthcare supply chain.
"Every day, Broadlane works with some of the most talented and dedicated healthcare materials management professionals in the industry," said David Ricker, president and chief executive officer, Broadlane. "Their hard work and tireless efforts ensure their facilities are purchasing the best materials at the best price so more funds are available to help improve patient care, which translates to better healthcare for their facilities and communities. We applaud them for their ongoing endeavors and achievements."
The theme for this year's National Healthcare Resource and Materials Management Week, "Celebrating Our Industry's Achievements - Yesterday, Today and Days Ahead," provides an opportunity for executives to recognize the integral role supply chain professionals play in delivery high-quality patient care throughout the healthcare field. During this week, organizations are encouraged to participate by acknowledging materials management professionals through special events and recognition ceremonies.
The Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management is the leading national association for executives in the healthcare resource and materials management profession. A professional membership group of the American Hospital Association, AHRMM serves more than 4,000 active members. Founded in 1962, AHRMM prepares its members to contribute to the field and advance the profession through networking, education, recognition and advocacy. For more information, visit http://www.ahrmm.org.
Broadlane is the leading technology-oriented healthcare services company, reducing cost and creating operational efficiencies for thousands of acute care hospitals, ambulatory care facilities, physician practices and other healthcare providers in the United States. Its core services include supply chain management and clinical workforce management services.
Broadlane's comprehensive supply chain services include:
- Unparalleled national and custom contracting for supplies, pharmaceuticals, equipment and purchased services
- Innovative Procurement Services and purchase transaction management
- Clinical Services for managing clinical preference items and operating room and cath lab spending
- Comprehensive Materials Management Services - including outsourcing
- Informatics - benchmarking, advanced analytics and reporting
- Supply chain technology and e-commerce
Broadlane Workforce Management™ addresses nurses and allied healthcare practitioners and includes:
- External shift and agency management services
- Internal shift management, including electronic shift auctions
- Regional nurse float pool management and internal agency management
- E-commerce workforce exchange linking healthcare providers, clinical staff and agencies, enabling efficient shift management and fulfillment and reconciliation
The Preference Group™, a division of Broadlane, consults with healthcare facilities to help manage the cost of clinical items and processes. The Preference Group's specialized clinical programs include:
- Medication Use Management (MUM)
- Orthopedic Management Program
- Cardiovascular Management Program
- And many others
Broadlane's clients include leading providers such as Advocate Health Care, Ascension Health, Beaumont Hospitals, CHRISTUS Health, Continuum Health Partners, Kaiser Permanente, Kindred Healthcare, MedCath Corporation, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health System, St. Luke's Episcopal Health System, Tenet Healthcare, The Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati, US Oncology and UMass Memorial Health Care.
The company is headquartered in Dallas with offices in Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New York City and Oakland. For more information, visit http://www.broadlane.com.