The stringency of new regulations on companies generating power from coal has resulted in HRSG market growth, as these are used in combined cycle gas turbine plants, according to the study.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) November 13, 2012
The heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) market in China is expected to reach revenues of $186 million in 2020, climbing at a compound annual growth rate of 8.8 percent from this year’s expected market value of $95 million, according to this new report on Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) for Thermal Power. Global HRSG shipments amounted to a total of 199 units in 2011, says this report. Before the end of the decade, this research predicts the average volume shipment to reach around 251 units each year by 2020.
According to this latest study, sales of HRSGs — boilers that recover exhaust heat from gas turbines in order to generate steam for the steam turbines — are expected to grow substantially over the next eight years, with the rising demand for electricity in China being a key factor. China’s 12th Five Year Plan, spanning from 2011 to 2015, is focused on promoting clean energy sources, rapidly increasing energy produced at the lowest possible cost, and reducing the country’s dependence on energy imports.
Developed nations, according to the report, are typically utilizing HRSGs as part of a long-term goal to meet carbon emissions targets. International agreements such as the Kyoto Protocol have reduced the outlook for coal-fired generation. While coal is globally the most utilized source of power generation, it’s also the most carbon intensive. The stringency of new regulations on companies generating power from coal has resulted in HRSG market growth, as these are used in combined cycle gas turbine plants, according to the study. This research expects the stringency of these rules to increase, further driving the need for HRSGs in the future.
Scope of the report includes:
- Data on the market volumes and revenues generated from global HRSG sales.
- Data on the HRSG market size, average pricing and revenue analysis for the US, Mexico, Spain, the UK, Iran, China, India and Indonesia.
- Sales, pricing and revenue forecasts at the global level.
- Market share analysis at a global and country level of the top market participants, such as Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction, EMAlliance Engineering, Siemens, Cockerill Maintenance & Ingenierie, Nooter/Eriksen, Greens Holdings, Vogt Power International, Bharat Heavy Electricals and Alstom.
- Global HRSG market trends along with drivers, restraints and an impact analysis for all key markets.
- Data sourced from proprietary databases and primary interviews with key participants across the value chain.
Major Points in Table of Contents for this report include:
List of Tables (54)
List of Figures (31)
2 Introduction 6
3 Global HRSG Market Analysis 11
4 HRSG Market, Key Countries 21
4.1 The US
4.4 The UK
5 Appendix 85
Explore other Energy market reports @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/energy-power/energy.
Contact sales(at)rnrmarketresearch.com for further information.
RnR Market Research is an online database of market research reports offers in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.