hedge fund capital of the world
Greenwich, CT (PRWEB) August 19, 2008
The Greenwich Hyatt will be the scene of the 2008 Global Alpha Forum--arguably the most important hedge fund event of 2008 for both fund managers operating in Connecticut and investors wishing to get to know those managers while also gaining insights as to economic and geopolitical developments likely to most impact alternative investors in the coming year.
The Forum will be held on September 16 and 17, 2008, and will be followed on September 18 by the Green Hedge Trail, a unique opportunity for institutional investors to visit the offices of some of the truly world-class funds operating in the Greenwich area, to both meet the funds’ managers and to have some of their questions answered concerning strategies of the various funds included in the Trail.
The Forum is jointly sponsored by the Connecticut Hedge Fund Association, the association of hedge fund professionals representing over 150 member firms based in the “hedge fund capital of the world” of Fairfield County, Connecticut, and Opalesque, the world’s largest subscription-based publisher covering the alternative investment industry.
Rudolph W. Giuliani, Partner, Bracewell & Giuliani, will kick off the Forum at 9 am on Tuesday, September 16th. His address will be followed by panels discussing first Green Trading and Carbon Finance and then the 10 Days that Changed Capitalism.
Lawrence H. Summers, Managing Director, D.E. Shaw and former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, will be interviewed as part of the luncheon on Day One. After lunch, a panel discussion will explore the Rise of the Sovereign Wealth Funds.
Once the main agenda is concluded, a Hedge Fund Manager Workshop is available that will present the secrets to Creating Reinsurance Firms and Banks: New Permanent Capital Vehicles for Hedge Funds and Funds of Funds. Following the first day’s sessions will be a Networking Event that begins at 5:30pm designed to allow plenty of time for attendees to become acquainted with one another or strengthen existing relationships.
Day Two sessions again begin at 9 am and will include panels on Hedge Fund Regulation, Institutional Investing and the Economic Outlook, all from a global perspective. The luncheon keynote on this day will be Eugene Ludwig, Chairman and CEO, Promontory Interfinancial Network and Former U.S. Controller of the Currency.
Another Hedge Fund Manager Workshop will be offered after the close of the main conference sessions. This workshop will address Islamic Finance: Tapping Middle Eastern Wealth through Islam-Compliant Vehicles.
The complete schedule for the 2008 Global Alpha Forum, along with Registration Information, is available at http://www.GlobalAlphaForum.com.
About the Global Alpha Forum:
The GAF was inaugurated in 2007 and that event attracted several hundred delegates and live coverage by both CNBC and Bloomberg Television. Along with the notables highlighted above, numerous financial media personalities will participate as panel moderators and interviewers and panelists consist of world-renowned experts in their subject areas. The GAF is poised to become “Davos on the Sound”—the center of thought leadership for issues impacting the alternative investment industry.
Confirmed 2008 panel participants include:
- Daniel C. Esty, Hillhouse Professor of Environmental Law and Policy, Yale University
- R. Glenn Hubbard, Dean Columbia University School of Business and former Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers
- Kevin Lynch, Head of Hedge Fund Research Group, Managing Director, CRA RogersCasey
- David Marchick, Managing Director and Global Head of Regulatory Affairs, The Carlyle Group
- David Wiederecht, Vice President, Alternative Investments, GE Asset Management
- Martin Whittaker, Director of Environmental Finance Strategy, Mission Point Capital
- Paul Ezekiel, Global Head of Carbon Trading, Credit Suisse
- John A. Brunjes, Partner, Private Investment Funds, Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Martin Leibowitz, Managing Director, Morgan Stanley Equity Research Global Strategy
- Stephen Preston, Partner, Wilmer Hale; Former Acting General Counsel of the Department of Defense and Former Deputy Assistant Attorney General with the U.S. Department of Justice
- Mark Yusko, Founder Morgan Creek Capital Management and Former CIO, University of North Carolina
- Andrew Baker, Deputy CEO, Alternative Investment Management Association
- Todd Groome, Head of Financial Markets, Stability Division, International Monetary Fund
- Laurence B. Siegel, Director of Research, Investment Division, The Ford Foundation
- Michael Maduell, President, Sovereign Wealth Fund Institute
- Andrew Shrimpton, Member, Regulatory Compliance, Kinetic Partners, Former Head of Alternative Investments, Financial Services Authority
- Peter C. Fusaro, Chairman and Founder, Global Change Associates
- Sona Blessing, Director of Research, Editor A SQUARE, Opalesque
- Matthias Knab, Director and Managing Editor, Opalesque
The complete schedule for the 2008 Global Alpha Forum, along with Registration Information, is available at http://www.GlobalAlphaForum.com