(PRWEB) September 18, 2012
As a herpes treatment expert, HerpesTreatmentSite.com knows that it is possible for HSV-infected individuals to suppress the herpes virus and prevent recurrent cold sore or genital lesion outbreaks. While taking a daily antiviral is almost certain to suppress the virus, there are other precautions that can be taken to ensure HSV remains trapped within the infected cells and, in the event of an outbreak, there are methods to relieve pain and increase healing time. In an effort to help as many people as possible control their unwanted symptoms, HerpesTreatmentSite.com has created a list of the top 10 tips for managing the herpes simplex virus.
HerpesTreatmentSite.com's Top 10 Tips for Managing HSV Herpes
1. Take an all-natural antiviral daily.
2. Apply sunscreen to the face daily if you suffer from fever blisters.
3. Try and reduce or eliminate stress.
4. Put ice on active lesions to reduce pain and redness.
5. Wash your hands constantly during times of an outbreak.
6. Avoid contact with others during an active outbreak.
7. Boost your immune system.
8. Keep current blisters clean and dry. If you suffer from genital outbreaks, wear loose fitting clothing and cotton underwear in addition to cleansing frequently.
9. Monitor your outbreaks to try and pinpoint any unique triggers.
10. Avoiding using topical creams and ointments. While these products often work to relieve symptoms, they can actually degrade the quality of the skin and result in an increase in outbreaks over time.
Editor's Notes: HerpesTreatmentSite.com was founded to help provide answers and support for both those infected with HSV 1, HSV 2 or shingles and others who are simply interested in learning about the herpes virus.
# # #