There is one certainty in this new economy: the risks to our networks, infrastructure and personal information are on the rise
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) April 1, 2009
With the increasing urgency to computerize medical records for ease of access and increased productivity, along comes a daunting set of new challenges to implement administrative, technical and physical security procedures to appropriately protect sensitive electronic health information. Organizations require practical solutions that directly address the requirements set forth by the HIPAA Security Rule while reducing unnecessary cost and administration burden. To help healthcare organizations address these challenges, Lumension, a global leader in security management, will demonstrate how its security solutions reduce critical risk while simultaneously reducing the cost of HIPAA compliance at HIMSS09. Two interactive conference sessions will be hosted by Lumension to pragmatically discuss: how to enforce security policies designed to protect electronic protected health information (EPHI) while increasing end user productivity and how to reduce the cost of HIPAA compliance and audit-readiness. Joining Lumension at HIMSS09 will be the CIO of John C. Lincoln Health Network, Rob Israel, who will share how his organization leverages Lumension solutions to protect electronic medical records and to comply with HIPAA data security mandates.
Addressing HIPAA Compliance and Lowering Costs with Lumension Solutions
Lumension delivers vulnerability management, data protection and endpoint protection solutions which provides proactive risk management, powerful data and endpoint protection and an effective policy reporting platform for constant audit readiness to meet many aspects of the HIPAA Security Rule, including:
- Complete asset identification of both managed and unmanaged assets
- Proactive monitoring of security configurations
- Automated vulnerability management and remediation of exposures before they are exploited by malicious entities.
- Full control over how electronic protected health information (EPHI) is copied to removable devices/media with forced encryption to ensure the constant protection of EPHI even if it leaves the traditional network border.
- Network integrity by preventing malware from downloading and/or executing on network assets.
These key capabilities help protect against attacks targeting health and personally identifiable information (PII), prevent loss, theft or misuse of data, enforce security policies, prepare organizations for compliance audits and lower the cost of IT security. To learn more about how Lumension's security management software solutions can help healthcare organizations proactively address the HIPAA Security Rule requirements, please download the whitepaper "Achieving HIPAA Security Rule Compliance with Lumension."
"There is one certainty in this new economy: the risks to our networks, infrastructure and personal information are on the rise," said Pat Clawson, Chairman and CEO of Lumension. "This couldn't be more true than within the healthcare industry where the unprecedented initiative to make electronic records available must be tempered with ensuring appropriate protection is implemented. Those in the healthcare sector are faced with double-duty: protection of their patients' electronic protected health information (EPHI) in compliance with HIPAA while ensuring operational efficiency, reducing IT costs and maintaining high levels of patient care."
Lumension @ HIMSS09
At HIMSS09, Lumension will be sharing their expertise during two separate speaking engagements:
Track #1: Protecting Electronic Medical Records While Ensuring Compliance and Improving Productivity
- Who: Scott Van Horne, vice president of western region, Lumension
- When: March 6, 2009; 4:15-5:00 PM at booth #6263
- What: Scott Van Horne will walk through the perfect storm scenario that's been brewing given the current state of the economy coupled with the increase in threats facing enterprises and healthcare organizations today. From there, he will discuss three best practices for protecting medical records while ensuring HIPAA compliance and improving overall productivity.
Track #2: Leveraging Mobile Technology to Optimize Efficiency and Protect Medical Records
- Who: Scott Van Horne, vice president of western region, Lumension; and Rob Israel, CIO, John C. Lincoln Health Networks
- When: March 7, 2009; 11:15-12:00 PM at booth #5859
- What: Rob Israel will share his organizations' experience with Lumension's proactive endpoint security solutions. Through the use of Lumension's endpoint protection technology, Rob Israel was able to tackle the security issues associated with mobile and consumer IT devices living on his company's network to better safeguard sensitive customer and employee data. And, according to Forrester, not only did JCL hit a breakeven point within the first two years but they also saw a risk-adjusted 365% ROI.
To learn more about Lumension's approach to the HIPAA Security Rule, please visit each speaking sessions as well as the booth (#8344) where Lumension will be demonstrating all of its endpoint security solutions.
- Lumension Optimal Security Blog
- Customer Success Story: John C. Lincoln Health Network
- Achieving HIPAA Security Rule Compliance with Lumension - whitepaper
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security, Inc., a global leader in operational endpoint security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets. Lumension enables more than 5,100 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Utah, Florida, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Spain, Australia, India, Hong Kong and Singapore. Lumension: IT Secured. Success Optimized.™ More information can be found at lumension.com.
Lumension, the Lumension logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lumension Security, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #