BBQs are a great opportunity for friends and family to get together for a good time. However, open fires can be dangerous if not managed properly.
Manchester, UK (PRWeb UK) April 19, 2009
According to Swinton, the UK's leading high street home insurance retailer, millions of pounds of claims are made each year following damage caused by domestic BBQs. Failing to have adequate home insurance could result in costly repairs in the event of a BBQ getting out of control.
Steve Chelton, Insurer Development Manager for Swinton home insurance, said: "BBQs are a great opportunity for friends and family to get together for a good time. However, open fires can be dangerous if not managed properly."
Swinton advises anyone having a BBQ to follow these simple safety precautions to avoid putting their home at risk:
- Keep children, pets and garden games away from the BBQ
- Make sure the BBQ is on a flat area, away from trees, sheds and any other flammable stuff
- Never leave a BBQ unattended
- Never light a BBQ indoors or inside a garage
- If it's windy, make sure the wind is blowing away from you when you light the BBQ
- Never pour flammable substances on to a BBQ
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates