Manchester, UK (PRWEB) June 15, 2009
As the warm summer weather kicks in, UK gardens become the perfect place for work, rest and play but they can also protect homeowners from would-be thieves.
Fences, walls and plants, not only help keep gardens private during summer months, but can also help keep home secures. Creating obstacles with lighting, plants and locks can act as a deterrent, making it difficult for burglars to break in.
Swinton is offering homeowners the following top tips for using their 'guarden' to improve home security:
- Avoid placing trellises next to walls and fences so intruders can't use them to climb over
- Plant prickly plants next to windows, fences and walls to prevent entry
- Place three secure locks on the garden gate
- Place gravel on garden paths to create noise
- Place sensor lighting by the back door
- Leave the shed securely locked and valuables within it hidden away
Steve Chelton, insurer development manager at Swinton Home Insurance said: "Many people are unaware that they can use their garden to help keep their home secure. By following these simple tips, it's possible to deter burglars, which may prevent them from even considering your home and in the long run help to reduce your home insurance premiums."
For further information please contact Anoushka Foster or Michael Travers at Manchester PR Agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770 or email anoushka.foster (at) skvcommunications (dot) co.uk
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates.