Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 27, 2008
ConnectMyPhone.com, an interactive online marketplace that helps consumers nationwide connect their phone service, wants consumers to know that having a home phone line is still important.
Society has become ever increasingly dependent on cell phones. It is a wonder how we ever got along without being reachable day or night by cell or text. However, we must still remember that it all began with home phones -- which are still a need in modern day life.
ConnectMyPhone has compiled six reasons that residential phone service is still a must-have:
- Many home alarm systems require a landline to function.
- A home phone plan that includes unlimited local calling will take care of overage minute charges that are common with cell phones.
- The 911 call centers can trace a home address from a landline, something that is not yet available when using a cell.
- Most Internet connections call for a home phone line.
- Some DVRs must use a landline to transmit information to a TV.
- A residential phone can come in handy if a cell is lost or uncharged.
ConnectMyPhone provides customers with accurate and detailed information on the different phone services that are available to them. ConnectMyPhone is a free nationwide service that allows customers to find phone providers in their area, compare rates and sign up for service quickly and easily. ConnectMyPhone is part of the WhiteFence network.