This free event brings together everything a prospective homeowner needs to know about buying a home, in one convenient location.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Peoria, IL (Vocus) March 11, 2010
WHAT: A Central Illinois homeownership fair offering a “one-stop shop” where non-home-owning participants can get information on the home-buying process, connect with lenders, realtors, and attend workshops, including “Keys to Homeownership” classes to qualify for down-payment assistance through the City of Peoria, Illinois Housing Development Authority and various first-time buying programs.
- A collaboration of HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agencies, Lenders, Realtors, and Insurance Companies.
- “Fix my Mortgage” seminar, bringing President Obama’s Making Home Affordable Loan Mortgage Modification Program to local residents who are at risk of foreclosure.
- Agencies/exhibitors offering assistance via workshops on credit and budgeting, home loan programs, down-payment assistance, the lending and real estate process.
- Home Depot experts conducting workshops for homeowners on how to install new flooring, ceramic tile, or change the locks on the doors.
- Workshops specifically for women to highlight Women’s History Month.
WHO: Anyone interested in purchasing a home or currently renting who wants to understand how to move from renting to buying. Homeowners who would like to shop around for a new home, are interesting in selling their current home or want help on simple home renovation projects. Borrowers having trouble making their mortgage payment.
WHERE: The workshop will be at PARC, 1913 W. Townline Road in Peoria.
WHEN: The workshop will take place on Saturday, March 20, 2010 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
HOW: To pre-register for seminar sessions, call METEC at 309-676-3832. Walk-in attendees are also welcome.
VISUAL: Area homeowners attending “how-to” workshops on maintaining and renovating their home; local renters who want to purchase a home, borrowers looking for foreclosure assistance.
METEC’s Peoria-based Housing Counseling Resource Center (HCRC) builds stability and wealth in the community by helping families and individuals obtain affordable housing through increased financial literacy. HCRC provides both housing counseling and homeownership mentoring as an end-to-end resource to those lower-income families and individuals considering or in the process of home ownership. The financial tools and resources offered by HCRC help individuals control their financial future. METEC also provides other outreach programs.
dba/design & marketing
# # #