It’s an unnecessary evil. With the proper window treatments, air conditioning can be phased out.
(Vocus) April 1, 2010
Every kilowatt-hour of electricity used releases 2 lbs of CO2 into the atmosphere, reports the Smart Energy Living Alliance. In the summer, energy bills spike as people turn on air conditioning. What most Americans don’t realize is that energy efficient window treatments can virtually eliminate the need for air conditioning. At the very least, they can keep cool air in, greatly reducing the amount of air conditioning needed.
Blinds Chalet has compiled the top five reasons to install energy efficient window treatments for summer:
1. Up to 75% of cool air can escape through cracks in windows and windows that are poorly insulated, according to the Smart Energy Living Alliance.
2. Energy efficient window treatments like honeycomb and cellular shades block up to 62% of heat coming in, or air conditioned air going out. Not to mention, some honeycomb and cellular shades qualify for LEED certification which bring tax rebates.
3. Dark window blinds or black-out shades will absorb heat and later release it into the home. Using light colored window treatments, which are available in wood and woven fabrics, repel heat and keep the interior of the home cooler. Be sure to keep light colored blinds closed when windows receive direct sunlight to help keep hot air out.
4. UV rays fade carpets, furniture and art. Using a smart window treatment will preserve your valuables for years to come. Energy efficient shades block up to 99% of the sun’s harmful UV rays.
5. Companies like Blinds Chalet offer custom fitted blinds for windows with odd shapes or windows that fit into corners or work around ledges. The custom fit keeps leaks from happening.
“Most people don’t realize that summer cooling bills can far outweigh winter heating bills,” says Chris Stanley of Blinds Chalet. “It’s an unnecessary evil. With the proper window treatments, air conditioning can be phased out.”
For more information on Blinds Chalet or current trends in the industry:
Contact: Chris Stanley?
Company: Blinds Chalet?
Phone: 1-888-633-7840 or 480-633-7840?
# # #