Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 15, 2009
Zephyr is pleased to announce the availability of PASSPORT Host Integration Objects (HIO) Version 2009-731. PASSPORT HIO is a non-intrusive host integration solution that enables object-oriented access to IBM 3270 and 5250 host applications from customer written applications using .NET or ActiveX. Once developed, PASSPORT HIO applications can be deployed from a Microsoft Windows server or desktop.
PASSPORT HIO has been used as a:
- Claims Agent integration solution for large insurance companies that seek to integrate 3270 applications within critical claims systems
- Medicare access solution for large numbers of hospitals and healthcare organizations that require connectivity to the U.S. government system
- Retail connectivity solution linking point of sale systems to IBM mainframe applications
- Call center integration solution that can embed large numbers of host sessions that demand extensive screen scraping for productivity purposes
- IVR integration solution connecting interactive voice response systems to 3270 applications
Version 2009-731 of PASSPORT HIO is an upgrade to previous versions of the software and offers the following combined enhancements:
- Installation Options - Previously, a PASSPORT HIO installation would install every component. This version permits a selection of HIO core (server), Terminal Control client, documentation and sample programs.
- SSL/TLS Security - Full support for SSL/TLS security is now included by default
- Terminal Control Enhancements - Support for numeric field checking when using the PASSPORT HIO Terminal Control interface in Windows client-based application integration projects
- Works with Windows Vista® and Windows 7 - While Windows Vista has been supported for some time, Zephyr has now tested and certified PASSPORT Host Integration Objects 2009-731 for Windows 7.
The release of PASSPORT HIO 2009 completes the 2009 update of the Zephyr PASSPORT suite of host access products. All products are now ready for use on Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2000 operating systems.
PASSPORT PC TO HOST® 2009-403
PASSPORT WEB TO HOST® 2009-619
PASSPORT HIO 2009-731
PASSPORT Host Integration Objects (HIO) is a Windows-based host integration solution that offers a programmatic approach to integrating IBM 3270 and 5250 host applications with other ActiveX or .NET applications using standard 3270 and 5250 screen information.
The non-intrusive host integration solution offers a fast, low risk approach to reusing valuable business processes that have been adapted and perfected over many years. It also eliminates the need for terminal emulation.
Running as a communications module, developers can access the 3270/5250 connectivity application via a well-defined, object-oriented API.
You can use any Windows desktop as a development platform (Read more at http://www.zephyrcorp.com/legacy-integration)
# # #