ThinRDP runs wholly inside the browser: there is never any need to install or configure any other software on the end-point device.
Wilmington, DE (PRWEB) May 29, 2012
Cybele Software, Inc. announces the release of ThinRDP Server v2.0, the industry-leading tool for secure, high-performance, remote access to desktop sessions and terminal services using any modern Web browser. ThinRDP Server enables mission-critical business continuity by providing remote users the most flexible technology to remotely access their programs, documents, files, and network resources.
With ThinRDP, users can choose any access device they prefer, including iPhones, iPads, Android tablets and devices, Chromebooks, PCs, Macs, Linux desktops, RIM playbooks, and even locked-down workstations. Regardless of the end-point device, ThinRDP provides secure access and a consistent, intuitive user experience.
In addition to supporting the widest variety of devices in the industry, ThinRDP works with every major Web browser, including Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and all other browsers that support HTML5 and WebSockets. ThinRDP has built-in intelligence to switch automatically to HTTPS if WebSockets are not available, for example in Android native browsers and Microsoft IE9.
ThinRDP runs wholly inside the browser: there is never any need to install or configure Flash, Java, ActiveX, Silverlight, or any other software on the end-point device. ThinRDP is fully integrated with SSL VPN: no SSL VPN client is needed. ThinRDP enables pure Web access to all Windows applications and desktops running Microsoft RDS/Terminal Services and VDI platforms, including Microsoft Hyper-V and other Hyper versions. ThinRDP is also integrated with the leading enterprise portals as well as custom portals.
ThinRDP Server v2.0 sets a new standard for RDP client performance, delivering content dramatically faster than any other Web-based RDP client while generating 25% less network traffic than Microsoft’s own Remote Desktop.
New Features in ThinRDP Server v2.0:
- Sound: Users of Chrome and Firefox browsers can listen to the sound playing on the remote machine in real-time.
- File transfer: Users can map remote drives to easily exchange files between the remote machine and their portable device.
- Updated user interface: The redesigned Start page allows users to quickly assign pre-designed icons to remote computers and/or applications, making ThinRDP more intuitive to use. The connection toolbar simplifies navigation to the remote machine.
- Remote printing: Users can print from the remote host to the local device.
- Extended usability: Touchscreen users can use familiar finger gestures to easily page through presentations, quickly scroll through documents, and complete standard navigation tasks.
ThinRDP Server v2.0 Highlights:
- Delivers the best available performance of all RDP HTML5 Web clients
- Enables access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services
- Allows users to remotely connect to RDS/VDI platforms (i.e. virtual desktops or applications)
- Uses Active Directory
- Access Profiles Management
- Supports all industry-standard SSL VPNs, including Cisco and Juniper
- Allows companies to publish their Windows applications to the Web
- Works with any HTML5-compliant Web browser
- Supports PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Chromebook, and Android devices
- Driven by a high-performance, firewall-friendly, HTTP/WebSockets server
- Intelligently delivers cross-browser support by automatically switching to HTTPS for Android native browsers, Microsoft IE9, and any other browsers that don’t use WebSockets
- Provides secure access through just one public IP address and port
- Compatible with all 32-bit/64-bit versions editions of Windows XP and newer
- Compatible with XRDP Server
ThinRDP Server v2.0 Requirements:
ThinRDP Web Client
- HTML5 Web browser-compliant
ThinRDP Windows Server
- Windows XP 32-bit/Windows XP 64-bit
- Windows Vista 32-bit/Windows Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit/Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 32-bit/Windows Server 2008 64-bit
Free 30-Day Trial Available
You can explore the possibilities of ThinRDP Server v2.0 for yourself by downloading a free, fully featured 30-day trial version. Go to http://www.cybelesoft.com/thinrdp/ for full details.
For more information about ThinRDP Server v2.0, contact Cybele Software, Inc.
3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 1125, Wilmington, DE 19808 USA.
Phone: (302) 892-9625 or (866) 462-9768