Installing PASSPORT WEB TO HOST on an IBM WebSphere Application Server
Houston, TX (PRWEB) March 2, 2008
Now you can download, install, configure and deploy PASSPORT WEB TO HOST® on every PC in your organization with 30 minutes. In fact, it could be deployed to any PC on the Internet if desired!
Deploying from z/OS and Using IBM® WebSphere® Application Server, you can run services in a reliable, scalable, highly available environment to ensure business opportunities are not lost due to application downtime. You can also secure applications and data with a resilient, standards-based security infrastructure that will remove vulnerable threats while maximizing developer productivity.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
The recently released PASSPORT WEB TO HOST 2007® offers centralized administration configuration which can dramatically lower your total cost of ownership compared to traditional PC based terminal emulation software.
PASSPORT WEB TO HOST 2007® is a robust ActiveX terminal emulator offering all of the terminal emulation features found in our PC based product, PASSPORT PC TO HOST®. So if you are looking for an ideal replacement to existing products such as Attachmate EXTRA!®, IBM Personal Communications®, IBM Host on Demand, NetManage Rumba®, WRQ Reflection® and many others, you can try PASSPORT WEB TO HOST 2007 for free at http://www.zephyrcorp.com.
EAR and WAR
Zephyr now supplies a packaged Enterprise Application Archive (EAR) file to ensure a quick, standardized installation on IBM WebSphere Application Server. The EAR is simply a zipped file, and the contents can be examined using a product such as WinZip. The Zephyr EAR file also contains a Web Archive (WAR) file, which users have the ability to work directly with if they choose to do so.
To assist customers and evaluators that want to deploy or test the Zephyr web-based terminal emulation from the strategic IBM platform, Zephyr has created a document "Installing PASSPORT WEB TO HOST on an IBM WebSphere Application Server" that outlines the steps necessary for a quick and successful installation and provides background information on IBM WebSphere Application Server.
IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1
IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.1 is the foundation of the IBM WebSphere software platform and delivers a flexible, secure application infrastructure on which you can host strategic applications. New enhancements include:
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) servlet support to extend application reach across real-time multimedia elements such as voice, video and instant messaging.
- Expanded Web services standards support to make interactions more secure, and give you more flexibility and control.
- Security enhancements to increase peace of mind and improve ease of use.
- Tools that enrich the developer experience and help improve time to value.
- New options in the areas of administration, serviceability, messaging, and installation, to ensure more productive and less error-prone environments.
- Full Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) 5.0 support across all offerings, providing increased application programmer productivity and unbeatable performance.
PASSPORT WEB TO HOST 2007 has received the "Works with Vista" designation from Microsoft. A full list of the new features in PASSPORT WEB TO HOST 2007 is available at: http://www.zephyrcorp.com/web-to-host-2007-vista.htm
For more information on using PASSPORT WEB TO HOST 2007 from an IBM WebSphere Application Server, visit http://www.zephyrcorp.com or email to info @ zephyrcorp.com.
# # #