“This partnership combines the power of FireEye and iboss’s threat defense technology delivered through the iboss Secure Cloud Gateway platform, resulting in unmatched protection across any device, anywhere via the cloud"
WASHINGTON (PRWEB) October 09, 2019
iboss, the leader in cloud security, and intelligence-led security company FireEye, announce a partnership to provide the world's most advanced cloud-based threat protection. The two leading cybersecurity companies today unveil iboss + FireEye Cloud Network Security, which is designed to deliver the best available defense against an evolving threat landscape. FireEye industry-leading threat intelligence is now available through iboss’ award-winning cloud platform to provide organizations secure connectivity and advanced threat protection regardless of user location or device.
As the traditional network perimeter erodes due to increasingly mobile workforces and the use of essential cloud applications such as Google Docs and Microsoft Office 365, institutions are susceptible to sophisticated and damaging attacks. In order to protect networks, assets, data and users from known and unknown threats in this new environment, organizations need a multi-vector defense that’s built for the mobile, cloud-first world.
The brand-new security capability is built on proprietary FireEye detection engines and industry-leading threat intelligence earned from the frontlines of the world’s biggest breaches, integrated with iboss’ natively built cloud security platform. It is available to all customers and provides advanced threat protection and data breach prevention anywhere in the world.
“We are in the middle of a cloud transformation,” says iboss CEO, Paul Martini. “Corporate data is increasingly being hosted in third party clouds and cloud apps are becoming the norm. With corporate users and devices accessing this data from remote locations, the need to transition security to the cloud has become critical. This partnership combines the power of FireEye and iboss’s threat defense technology delivered through the iboss Secure Cloud Gateway platform, resulting in unmatched protection across any device, anywhere via the cloud.”
The joint solution includes all features and capabilities of iboss cloud and FireEye Network Security, delivered seamlessly in the cloud to any device. Deployed across over 100 data centers globally and offered as a subscription service, customers do not need to manage appliances or virtual machines and can instead focus on identifying and mitigating threats.
Key features of the platform that make it unique among cloud security offerings:
- Protection follows users and devices wherever they roam, extending cloud internet security beyond offices to coffee shops, airports, home offices and more
- Inspects and protects the contents of encrypted traffic, preventing ransomware and malware entering organizations within HTTPS connections
- Full stream and file-based protection of all HTTPS connections and content, including FireEye multi-flow protection for encrypted content
- Eliminates the need to purchase, manage, and maintain network security appliances
- Complete FireEye Network Security protection is delivered as a cloud-based SaaS offering
- Delivers 100% of all proxy functions found in traditional on-premises web gateway proxies, reducing costs, consolidating budget, and centralizing security policies
- All compliance and web filtering functions are included
- Delivers 100% of all firewall security functions found in next-generation firewalls, including Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) as well as extending IPS protection to encrypted HTTPS traffic
- Allows bandwidth and encrypted traffic to increase by any amount without increasing costs by eliminating the need for appliance purchases and network infrastructure projects
- Allows direct Internet breakouts from branch offices, which compliments SD-WAN and MPLS deployments by reducing internal site-to-site traffic by offloading cloud application traffic
For more information on how FireEye and iboss have teamed up to deliver award-winning security seamlessly in the cloud, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.iboss.com.
About iboss, Inc.
iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances, which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture backed by over 100 patents and over 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4,000 organizations worldwide. To learn more, visit http://www.iboss.com.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber-attacks. FireEye has over 8,200 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye and Mandiant are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.