With priority dates from 2000, this is a valuable portfolio for DRM, media content delivery, encryption, and biometric companies.
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) July 06, 2015
ICAP Patent Brokerage announces for sale patents disclosing a biometric DRM system with value along the entire chain of creation, encryption and distribution of digital media, available from Divan Industries, LLC. This portfolio is offered as part of the Internet of Things IP Auction, with a bidding deadline of July 30th, 2015.
“With priority dates from 2000, this is a valuable portfolio for DRM, media content delivery, encryption, and biometric companies,” says Dean Becker, CEO of ICAP Patent Brokerage.
Key Characteristics & Benefits
In general, this portfolio relates to digital rights management for distribution of digital media content. The portfolio finds application along the entire value chain of creation, encryption and distribution of digital media such as streaming video and audio. Transmission of such private digital content over the Internet is problematic, even when the content is encrypted, given the ever-increasing skills of hackers. Patents in the portfolio provide greater security for content providers who may distribute their content, either through the Internet or through solid-state media or memory drives.
With priority dates from 2000, this portfolio offers benefits for encryption across databases and hardware devices using biometrics and other encryption techniques, including:
- A storage device with biometric access, where access to DRM functionality is masked from access to content
- A method and apparatus for digital media encryption utilizing combined keys, where one key may be embedded within the storage medium itself
- A method of authenticating access to full-disk-encryption (FDE) content via encrypted protected storage areas (PSA), useful for peer-to-peer access of sensitive, private data such as medical or financial records
- A database / key manager system for providing access to encrypted data
- A disk drive adapted for secure authentication, including non-volatile memory, processor, decryption engine and memory which allows for robust, hardware-based protection
Forward citing companies include Apple, Insight Venture Management LLC, IBM, Panasonic, Partnet Inc., Sony, and Boeing.
See the technical description of the secure storage access and DRM IP sales offering.
To learn more about the intellectual property available for sale in this portfolio:
Contact Michelle Tyler of ICAP Patent Brokerage at (650) 741-4117 or via email at michelle(at)icapip(dot)com.
If you have a patent portfolio for sale, visit our website to make a patent portfolio submission for an upcoming sealed bid event.
About ICAP Patent Brokerage
ICAP Patent Brokerage is the world's largest intellectual property brokerage and patent auction firm, leveraging the talents of experienced patent brokers to match buyers and sellers for the sale of patents and other intellectual property assets. With multiple transaction platforms and unparalleled industry knowledge, including experience with trademarks, brands, intellectual property licensing, and UCC sales, ICAP Patent Brokerage is the global leader in the transaction of intellectual property.