Reimagining the future depends on big thinking and breakthrough innovation. IdeaFestival creates an opening for disruptive change.
Louisville, KY (PRWEB) May 22, 2012
IdeaFestival 2012, a leading celebration for creative thinkers and the intellectually curious, announces speaker lineup, and opens registration for all access passes.
From September 19th-22nd at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts more than 40 speakers and sessions will explore, discuss and celebrate innovation, imagination and world-changing ideas. All Access passes are now available for a limited time at ideafestival.com
Over 4 days, IdeaFestival will bring together thousands of passionate minds and voices from a variety of disciplines – all working towards the convergence and exploration of how ideas shape our future. This dynamic environment provides a jumping-off point for initiating a new way of 21st century thinking for this early adopter and creative community. IdeaFestival attracts those extraordinary people who drive diversity, accelerate art, induce awe and define significance, while hosting a wide range of attendees ranging from Fortune 500 CEO’s to high school freshmen…because the answers are everywhere.
IdeaFestival's Founder Kris Kimel, says, "Reimagining the future depends on big thinking and breakthrough innovation. IdeaFestival creates an opening for disruptive change."
2012 Speaker highlights include:
- Baratunde Thurston - Politically-active Blogger, Author and Technology-loving Comedian from the future, Baratunde joins IF to discuss his new book, How To Be Black, which offers a poignant and humorous look at the complexities of contemporary racial politics and personal identity.
- Mayim Bialik - Actress (Big Bang Theory and Blossom), Neuroscientist and Author. Perhaps best known for her lead role in the 1990s television show "Blossom" and now as the character Amy Farrah Fowler on the hit TV show "The Big Bang Theory”, Mayim discusses her interconnected life as an actress and neuroscientist.
- Kevin Colleran - Former Facebook Executive, Pioneering Brand Strategist, General Catalyst Partners Venture Partner. As one of its first ten employees, Kevin Colleran helped build Facebook into a global phenomenon. At IF he will provide an "insider's" view on the success the company as well as his hard-won insights for reimagining and reenergizing companies and brands.
- Lisa Randall - Harvard Theoretical Physicist, Cosmologist, Author, named one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People, Lisa will take the audience on an amazing journey through some of the most perplexing aspects of our universe, including hidden dimensions, dark matter and black holes.
- Peter Van Buren - Foreign Services Officer, Blogger and Author of We Meant Well, Peter provides an eyewitness account of the complex US effort to rebuild Iraq and his experiences in “helping lose the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.”
- Nikky Finney - Poet, Professor and Author, Finny sheds light on the powerful synergy between art, history and life. Her fourth book of poetry, Head Off & Split, was awarded the 2011 National book Award for Poetry.
The full 2012 festival agenda is available here.
Founded in 2000, IdeaFestival, is a celebration for creative thinkers and the intellectually curious. It’s an eclectic network of global thinkers and one-of-a-kind innovators bound together by an intense curiosity about what is impacting and shaping the future of the arts, business, technology, design, science, philosophy and education.
The conference is held every fall in Louisville, Kentucky at The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. The Kentucky Center is an intimate and historic venue that houses artworks by such 20th century masters as Joan Miró, Jean Dubuffet, Louise Nevelson, John Chamberlain and Alexander Calder. The setting, thought-provoking sessions and informal tone make IdeaFestival a truly unique experience. Those who attend leave the event with interesting new ideas, a better sense of connectedness, an expanded network of relationships and lasting inspiration to help create change in the world.
Please visit ideafestival.com for more information. Follow us @ideafestival and #IF12