The Midwest is uniquely positioned to take a leadership role in IoT and the Midwest IoT Innovation Awards provide an opportunity to recognize the companies that are leading the way in our region and driving IoT forward.
CHICAGO (PRWEB) November 13, 2018
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) announced today the winners of the Midwest IoT Innovation Awards. Nominated and selected by the ITA’s IoT Council, the awards were designed to highlight leaders in the Midwest IoT community, award excellence in the development and adoption of IoT innovations and send a strong message about the strength of the Midwest IoT ecosystem.
The winners will be recognized at The Sixth Annual IoT Summit, presented by CDW, in Chicago on Nov. 27-28 at The W Chicago City Center, 172 W. Adams Street.
“The ITA has long held the belief that the Midwest is uniquely positioned to take a leadership role in IoT,” said Julia Kanouse, CEO of the Illinois Technology Association. “These awards provide an opportunity to recognize the companies that are leading the way in our region and driving IoT forward.”
The 2018 Midwest IoT Innovation Award winners include:
- IoT Innovation – Rising Star: This award recognizes a new company pushing the boundaries of IoT Innovation through new technology and/or product development or application. Strong candidates in this category will exhibit ingenuity and new value propositions leveraging IoT with the promise of growth and sustainability. Winner: HAAS Alert
- IoT Innovation – Lighthouse: This award recognizes a company that is expanding the development and application of IoT. Strong candidates in this category will have well-established products and services that make the most of IoT and have a visible market impact. Winner: HERE Technologies
- IoT Transformation: This award recognizes a company from a traditional industry (manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, etc.) that is leveraging IoT to transform the heart of their business. Strong candidates in this category will have adopted or be in the process of adopting IoT solutions to change not only the technology of their company but also their processes and culture. Winner: Caterpillar
- IoT Advancement - Government/Academia/Non-profit: This award will go to a public sector organization that is enhancing our IoT ecosystem either through the development of IoT solutions or their implementation. Strong candidates in this category will be pushing the envelope of IoT itself or applying IoT to public sector process to drive better outcomes. Winner: The Array of Things
- IoT Ecosystem Growth – This award recognizes an organization that is making an impact on the IoT skills and resources needed to make our ecosystem flourish. Strong candidates for this award could be organizations building strong internal or external IoT training programs or organizations that are accelerating the development and adoption of IoT in the ecosystem. Winner: Lab 651
For more information and to hear directly from this year’s winners, register at IoTSummitChicago.com.
About the ITA
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) scales Illinois tech companies. With innovative resources that allow members to collaborate with each other, build their talent networks and elevate their local and national presence, ITA is the region's strongest advocate for fostering innovation and growth. Annually, we hold conferences like the Sixth Annual IoT Summit Chicago to enhance awareness around technologies, such as IoT, that are driving the industry forward and have found their epicenter here in the Midwest.