This sample collection of Indian Instruments is like oriental spices! Once you get a taste for them, they become indispensable in your music creations!
(PRWEB) September 3, 2008
Sint-Martens-Latem, Belgium Image Line Software, the developer of FL Studio, has released its latest sample collection, the Sounds of India. This new library contains over 835 samples packed in 1,5 GB and includes 36 instruments and 2 vocals. The collection covers the foundations of the classic Indian sound - Tabla, Sitar, Shenai, Harmonium and Bamboo Flute, but what makes it really unique is the collection of South Indian instruments as Veena, Ganjira, Maddalam, and rare Indian folk instruments (Edakka, Udukku, Darbuka, etc.).
The diverse Indian spirit is further enhanced by sampling sounds from many different temple bells and ethnic percussion.
"The gem of the Sounds of India is the Sitar. Its sound came out more wonderful than expected," said the manager of the project, Indian Music Producer and Audio Engineer Vipin Venugopalan.
The entire collection has been sampled with extreme care and the best performance (out of 4 recorded for each instrument) was chosen. Special attention was paid to the recording environment & sound proofing, that made noise reduction during post production & editing unnecessary.
Every sound was captured without alteration in pitch so sample mapping gives a unique sample for every key. Pitches were recorded in Chromatic Order and sounds from the finger board and the frets were not altered in order to preserve the instruments natural essence.
The Sounds of India will help everyone engaged in music production as Indian sound blend with almost any music genre. "This sample collection of Indian Instruments is like oriental spices! Once you get a taste for them, they become indispensable in your music creations!" noted Vipin Venugopalan.
The full list of the included instruments can be found at the Detailed list of Indian Samples on our Image Line web site.
More Asian Instrument sample collections are planned for the near future.
Pricing and availability:
The download version of the Sounds of India Sample collection can be ordered from webshop for US $ 89.
About the Sample collection of Image Line Software:
The Sounds of India is the latest supplement to the impressive Sample collection of Image Line Software. The collection includes:
- Varazdin Orchestral (30 Orchestral instruments in +8.5 Gb of samples)
- Orchestral Sample CD (over 1700 Orchestral samples)
- SuperDrums 8000 (over 8000 HQ drum samples)
- Laurie Webb (590 HQ vocal samples from Laurie Webb)
- World Samples (over 1600 samples of Arabic & Indian instruments)
- SFX (1.5GB of sound FX)
- Bass Balls (16 banks of Bass Instruments)
- Axe Forge (16 banks)
- Sliced Beats (over 270 presliced loops in ZGR & REX format)
- Real Drumkits (over 1500 percussion samples)
- Killer Tweaks II (over 1200 HQ electronic samples)
- AMPED (over 1800 Guitar Samples)
- DreamPads (over 320 of the most incredible pads)
- TouchPads (over 370 pads)
- Bass Case (contains over 2000 HQ bass samples)
- Poly-Mono (over 1000 LoFi sounds)
- Contagious Audio (over 370 wavs & noises)
- Vocal Sample CD (over 1800 HQ samples)
- The Lo-Fi Box (over 3100 LoFio samples & noises)
- The Generic SampleCD (over 4400 HQ generic samples).
About Image Line Software:
Established in 1994, Image Line Software provides high quality music applications to the computer-based music community and is well known for its leading digital audio workstation FL Studio (formerly FruityLoops), high quality synthesizers including Sytrus, PoiZone and Toxic Biohazard, a mix of innovative Effect plugins and range of sample libraries used in their multi-sampler plugins DirectWave and Soundfont Player. In May 2007 Image Line Software released its acclaimed DJ mixing software application Deckadance and in July -- its first additive synth, Morphine. In October Image Line Software announced its latest audio tool -- the Multiband Maximizer Maximus. In addition to its audio software, Image Line Software develops and distributes the web site building application, EZGenerator.
For more information, please contact:
Maya Boycheva, PR Manager
Image Line Software