Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) November 23, 2012
Starting with the discovery of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) in 2006, a large and thriving market has grown into existence for the cell type. Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC) are now sold by 53.4% of U.S. research product companies and 38.7% of research product companies worldwide. Annual growth in the number of iPSC research product sold worldwide is growing at a rate of 14.7% per year. In addition, 22% of all stem cell researchers now report having using iPSCs within a research project.
It is clear that iPSCs represent a lucrative product market for research supply companies to pursue - and this report is your guide to claiming maximal profits from this sector.
The most distinctive feature of this report is a survey of 293 iPSC researchers (181 U.S. / 112 International). It reveals the wants/needs, technical preferences, and key factors influencing buying decisions among iPSC researchers.
Stem cell research and experimentation has been in process for well over five decades. Stem cells have the unique characteristics whereby they are able to divide and replicate repeatedly in addition to their being “unspecialized” with the ability to differentiate into specialized cell types. The possibilities that arise with the perfecting of cell replication has caused this area of exploration to remain on the forefront of scientific research, with ongoing hope that cures and treatment of diseases as well as reparative cell therapy, tissue regeneration and pharmacological testing on cell-specific tissue will one day become viable options within the medical community. Diseases such as Huntington’s Chorea, Parkinson’s Disease, and spinal cord injuries are just some examples of potential clinical applications where stem cells can offer potential benefits in halting or even reversing medical conditions that previously had no positive outcome potential – and induced pluripotent stem cells represent a preferred cell type for this type of disease reversal research.
Traditionally, scientists have worked with both embryonic and adult stem cells. While the appeal of embryonic cells has been their ability to differentiate into any type of cell, there has been significant ethical, moral and spiritual controversy surrounding the use of embryonic cells for research. Although adult stem cells can differentiate slightly, they are typically limited to differentiation within their original tissue type, creating narrow options for their use.
Continued research and experimentation has resulted in numerous advances and triumphs over the last few years. According to “Circulation Research” (2012), the University of Michigan developed innovative methods to use bioengineered stem cells derived from skin biopsies to create cardiac muscle cells. This accomplishment has allowed advanced research to take place in treating medical therapies and drug treatments in diseased heart muscle.
Advances will continue to be perfected in the areas of reprogramming adult cells in appropriate conditions that will result in minimal negative outcomes. Original techniques, such as viral induced transcription processes, are being replaced with newer technology as private industries join with the scientific community to develop safe and efficient methods. With sustained research and experimentation, established guidelines related to safety and efficacy can be developed. Induced pluripotent stem cells are a promising therapy for many previously incurable medical diseases.
Key Findings Include:
- Charts, Timelines, Metrics and Financials for the iPSC Research Product Market
- Trends for iPSC Grants, Publications, Patents, and More
- 5-Year Market Projection Data for 2012-2017
- Competitive Environment Analysis, Including Market Share by Competitor
- Preferred Species for iPSC Research
- iPSC Product Categories (Breakdown of Market Share by Each)
- Consumer Behavioral Patterns and Preferred Providers
- Crucial Trends and Unmet Market Needs
- “Tested Sentences” for Selling to iPSC Scientists
- Trends in Marketing, Including a Breakdown of the Marketing Methods Used by Your Competition - Google Ads, Facebook Ads, App Advertising, Purchased Email Lists, Website Advertisements, Trade Journals, and More.
- End-User Wants/Needs, Technical Preferences, and Factors Influencing Purchasing Decisions (Survey of iPSC Researchers)
Major Points from Table of Content:
- Research Applications
- Characterization Of Ipsc Research Advances
- Companies Selling Ipsc Research Products
- Types Of Ipsc Research Products
- Companies Developing Ipsc Therapies
- Strategic Collaborations For Development Of Ipsc Products
- Market Trend Analysis
- Market Size
- Scientist Panel: Detailed End-User Survey
- Strategies For Accessing The Marketplace
Browse more reports on Biotechnology Market @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/market-research/biotechnology/
Contact sales(at)reportsandreports(dot)com for further information.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.