Protective eyewear could help prevent as many as a million workplace eye injuries a year. Fogging is one of the reasons people don’t wear their protective eyewear. With Defog It, we can help workers see safe, be safe.
Valley View, Ohio (Vocus) June 27, 2010
Every day 1,000 eye injuries occur in American workplaces. Nearly 90% of eye injuries are preventable with proper protective eyewear, but a Bureau of Labor Statistics survey found that nearly three out of five workers were not wearing eye protection at the time of the accident. The cost of eye injuries is over $300 million in lost production time, medical expenses, and workers compensation. Defog It antifog liquid and towelettes offers eye safety tips during July’s National Eye Safety Month, a project of Federal Occupational Health.
- Make sure fogged eyewear isn’t a problem. A research report found 100% of focus group respondents named fogging as a reason for not wearing personal protective eyewear.
- Choose the right protective eyewear for the job. Do you need side shields? Goggles? The Occupational Safety and Health Administration can give you guidance.
- Comfort is important. Eyewear that pinches the nose or straps that slip are handy excuses to put aside eyewear. Take the time to find something that really works.
- Do you need a strap? It will secure the eyewear during play and help keep them close by during downtime.
- Need a refresher course for your organization? Check out Prevent Blindness America. There’s also a great Toolbox Talk at the National Institutes of Occupational Safety and Health.
"Protective eyewear could help prevent as many as a million workplace eye injuries a year," says Jodi Groh, Director of Marketing for Nanofilm, maker of Defog It antifog towelettes and liquid. "Fogging is one of the reasons people don’t wear their protective eyewear. With Defog It, we can help workers see safe, be safe.”
Defog It antifog towelettes and Defog It antifog liquid can provide all-day fog prevention on safety eyewear, eyeglasses, sunglasses, and other eyewear. Tested safe for all optics, the formula is used by the military around the world. Buy Defog It towelettes and liquid or find more information at http://www.defogitworks.com and 1-888-ENDS-FOG.
The product has been rigorously tested for performance. In one test, a lens treated with Defog It was held over constant hot steam for 60 minutes without fog forming. Similar products failed in as little as 5 minutes. In another test, lenses coated with Clarity Defog It were moved between cold and hot environments 100 times without fog forming. A video demonstrates the performance of Clarity Defog It.
Nanofilm, founded in 1985, is the maker of Clarity Defog It™ and a global optical leader in lens care and coatings. Millions of people around the world use Nanofilm products, including Clarity Clean It™ and other lens care products, as well as nanotechnology-enabled coatings. More information is available at http://www.nanofilmproducts.com .